High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Cervical Yo-Yo...Take 2

After a week, I went back to my MFM to have my cervix measured again. It's still long at 5.86cm, and she wouldn't even consider doing a cerclage at this point. She said that particularly because it is very curved, any additional pressure that might cause shortening on a straight cervix would have no effect on mine.  I feel lost. On one hand, I'm thrilled that it is long. On the other, I'm terrified it won't stay that way and will shorten just as significantly and put me back in high-risk territory. I have to wait 4 more weeks to go back and have them measure it again, and I know I'm going to be a nervous wreck in the meantime. If it's back to being short then, I'll have completely missed the window of opportunity to have a cerclage done at all. Part of what frustrates me is that I live in a very small town and this is the only MFM in the region. There isn't anyone I can go to for a second opinion. I know the cervix can be "dynamic", but a change from 2.06 to 5.86 is practically unheard of. I can find nothing in all my research to explain such a change or give an indication of what might happen from here on out.

I hate this. I hate this so much.
BabyName Tickerimage  BabyFruit Ticker  
DD born 2/3/03
BFP 3/21/13 w/ EDD 12/02/13, C/P 3/29/13.
BFP 9/18/13 w/ EDD 5/26/14,
Beta #1 @ 14-16dpo = 375, progesterone 33.6
Beta #2 @ 20-22 dpo = 8,782!
Beta #3 @ 27-29dpo = 44,230, dx subchorionic hemorrhage/ threatened mc
Beta #4 @ 29-31dpo = 72, 080 :)
Grow, little one, grow!

***** All  AL  Welcome *****

Re: Cervical Yo-Yo...Take 2

• Options
    The fact the you had a previous full term birth is a good sign. Was your measurement taken with a transvaginal ultrasound or abdominal ultrasound? I think you should trust the MFM, 5 cm is a great measurement. If you are very concerned ask if you can come back in 2 weeks instead of 4.

• Options
    lilynblue said:
    The fact the you had a previous full term birth is a good sign. Was your measurement taken with a transvaginal ultrasound or abdominal ultrasound? I think you should trust the MFM, 5 cm is a great measurement. If you are very concerned ask if you can come back in 2 weeks instead of 4.

Yes, all measurements are transvaginal. I tried calling them today, but haven't heard back. I really hope they don't make me wait the 4 weeks :(
    BabyName Tickerimage  BabyFruit Ticker  
    DD born 2/3/03
    BFP 3/21/13 w/ EDD 12/02/13, C/P 3/29/13.
    BFP 9/18/13 w/ EDD 5/26/14,
    Beta #1 @ 14-16dpo = 375, progesterone 33.6
    Beta #2 @ 20-22 dpo = 8,782!
    Beta #3 @ 27-29dpo = 44,230, dx subchorionic hemorrhage/ threatened mc
    Beta #4 @ 29-31dpo = 72, 080 :)
    Grow, little one, grow!

***** All  AL  Welcome *****

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would also push to come back in 2 weeks for another check. That does sound like an awfully crazy swing in measurements. I'm no expert, though! Try to focus on the positive - 5cm is an incredible measurement - coming from someone who was at 3.1cm 3 weeks ago (from 3.5 two weeks before) and am terrified for my measurement tomorrow!

I really hope they accommodate your request.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"