July 2013 Moms
Options

Makeup Advice

Ok my makeup ladies, I need your help! I have zip, zilch, nada makeup on hand. But I have about $150 of a Nordys gift card.

Which brand at Nordys do you love? I need basic work makeup (foundation, eye shadow, blush) and some anti aging eye cream and face cream. Where would you go?

Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Makeup Advice

• Options
    MAC! I love me some MAC makeup. They have awesome tinted moisturizer which is way better than foundation and the girls are great at showing you how to apply your makeup based on your morning routine and time you spend putting makeup on. Their makeup remover is also amazing

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Oh, also! Their eyeshadows are kind of expensive but you can make a palette of four or more at a discounted price! I use the palettes to keep coordinating colors together instead of having a million tiny eyeshadows and digging through my collection for the right shade.
    good luck and have fun shopping!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It depends on your skin type. I love MAC but am way too sensitive for it.
    H born 07/02/2013
  • Options
    I use a variety. Smashbox, Dior, MAC, Laura Mercier, NARS and Bobbi Brown. If you want I can help ya out;)
    Foundation Primer- Smashbox
    Foundation- Laura Mercier
    Conealer- Dior
    Blush and Bronzer- Nars
    Powder- MAC
    Highlighter- BB
    EyeShadow- MAC
    Liners- MAC
    Mascara and primer- Dior

Also I use a variety of skin care including Clarins, Dr perricone, image and Clinique.

Bonus: 

• Options
    I definitely second @lancomechica on the door mascara

• Options
    For quick getting ready I got the Perricone not foundation foundation and not concealer concealer. Love them!

Bonus: 

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    @alicia0817 yes that's me too! I really just don't like to wear it so I don't when I don't have to. I wear enough to look presentable at work!

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Options
    I love Josie Maran. Not sure if they sell it at nordy's? I also like tarte. Both are natural/organic & easy on the skin. I like Lancôme mascara & also really like Diorshow mascara. Sounds like so much fun! I love make up!
  • Options
    I don't usually spend much money on makeup, but my splurge was MAC eyeliner and I LOVE it!!!!!!
  • Options
    Green with envy over here! Grr :-w Honestly depends on your skin. Go and try different products at different counters and wait a day to see what you like and if you react to anything. I personally love MAC pro long wear or studio fix & Lancomes teint idole for foundation (both liquid), Smashbox or Benefit for highlighter, Urban Decay for eyeshadows, MAC for blushes/setting spray/contour/lipstick/eyeliner & Bobbi brown concealer. And make sure to pick up a beauty blender! Changed my life, no joke :) have fun!

image image

BFP: 12/01/2012      EDD: 07/26/2013    Birthday: 07/25/2013 

• Options
    I can't remember her full SN but hplusb loves makeup too. Maybe she will have some suggestions :)

image image

BFP: 12/01/2012      EDD: 07/26/2013    Birthday: 07/25/2013 

• Options
    Lucky you!! Here are my favorites:

Foundation - I use Bare Minerals Matte SPF powder
    Blush - Nars. Their "Orgasm" color would look good on anyone.
    Eye liner/shadow - Smashbox
    Eye & face creams - I love, love, love all Kiehls skin products!
    Lip color - Stila

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    NARS Deep Throat blush is my fave! ;)

Bonus: 

• Options
    I also use a variety...
    Concealer: YSL
    Eyeshadow and eyeliner: smashbox
    Foundation: bare minerals
    Blush: nars
    Mascara: Dior
    Lipstick: nars or YSL
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
  • Options
    Yep brushes are uber important!

Bonus: 

• Options
    I'm a huge Makeup Forever fan for foundation/primers. Mac has great bronzers/blushes...and honestly any covergirl shadows work great as long as you have a good shadow primer. I use urban decay.

imageimageimage

• Options
    I've been dedicated to Mac for years!!
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Agreed, @etoille is awesome sauce. The DMV ladies are very put together...and then there's me! :)

So, I'll swing by the Nars counter for eyes and cheeks I think. Then Clinique for some eye cream and face cream.

Where should I hit up foundation?

@etoille any brushes you recommend? And are you working on Jan 6th? Although we probably shouldn't shop together since I'll spend all my money on all the makeup!
  • Options
    Love makeup!! I've gotten a ton of makeup from sephora and ulta over the past year. But nordstrom carries many of the same brands.

YSL touche éclat is a fabulous highlighter.
    Mac for eyeshadows and blushes.
    Laura mercier for face and eye primers.
    I like bare minerals for foundation powder.
    Mac for lipgloss. I got a set of like 4 lipglosses and I put one in my gym bag, one in glove compartment, one in purse, and one at home. I use them all.the.time. They're the best- not sticky but shiny and moisturing!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Can you go in and have them do your make-up? I have done a couple if times where you get them to do it and then but the products they used.....

Love MAC products for make-up, Clinique for skin and I just got a smash box liquid eyeliner pen that I love!!!! Have fun......

Karen - 36      DH - 39

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I use an assortment. Foundation: makeup forever. Powder: smash box. Mascara: cover girl. Eyeshadows: MAC. Eyeliner: MAC. Lip gloss: Laura mercier. Blush and bronzer: NARS.
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    I use a variety. Smashbox, Dior, MAC, Laura Mercier, NARS and Bobbi Brown. If you want I can help ya out;) Foundation Primer- Smashbox Foundation- Laura Mercier Conealer- Dior Blush and Bronzer- Nars Powder- MAC Highlighter- BB EyeShadow- MAC Liners- MAC Mascara and primer- Dior Also I use a variety of skin care including Clarins, Dr perricone, image and Clinique.

This but I like Laura mercier for foundation powder and primer
  • Options
    NYX eyeshadow primer is great! ( drugstore not Nordstrom) better than all the high end ones I've tried
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"