Food & Nutrition

Vitamix

I am looking into buying a Vitamix blender, any one have one? Worth the money??
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Vitamix

• I was just going to post this question! I'm looking to gift it to myself for my Bday  and can't decide if it's worth it.

I was in a shop yesterday and ordered a smoothie with kale and I saw that they made it with a Vitamix. There were a lot of small shredded chunks in the smoothie. Thin enough to drink through a straw but not great. Is that the best Vitamix can do or did they just do it wrong? I was hoping to make perfectly smooth/emulcified veggie smoothies. Otherwise I'll get a juicer instead.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't want a juicer bc I like pulp! Not sure which model, obviously I don't need anything industrial strength. Thanks for the input! I like that you can send in a warranty.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the link!
  • Luvofmylife3Luvofmylife3 member
    edited July 2013
    We bought one and love it! It is worth the price!
  • I use mine at least twice a day! It makes perfectly smooth smoothies and I also use it for sauces, soups, nut butters, nut milks, etc...I have the dry grains container as well and use it to make oat flour, quinoa flour, etc...from whole grains. Totally worth the money for me!
  • I have the 750 Vitamix and I absolutely love it!  I make sauces and soups all the time.  Recently I have been making smoothies and will use it to make baby purees when the time comes.  The best part about the 750 is the cleaning mode - add warm water and a drop of soup and it cleans the whole thing and you just rinse!  This feature is what sold me on it. 
  • Love our Vitamix! The refurbs come with the same 7 yr warranty as the new ones, so that's pretty cool. Another deal.... if you belong to Costco, I think the new price is the same as the refurb price on the web.

Oh, and my 2 yr old drink smoothies every day with fresh veggies.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"