Postpartum Depression
Options

Intro ~ Help!

Hi! My name is Jessica and I have a beautiful 8 month old girl...oh, and I'm 5 months pregnant! :/ Oops! (birth control baby) I've struggled with depression in the past and after giving birth to my daughter I talked to the doctor and got on some medication (Zoloft). I wasn't sure if it was actual PPD or if it was the fact that she wasn't a great sleeper (still isn't) and I broke my tailbone during labor so I was physically uncomfortable 24/7, but I needed something. Not too long after taking the medication, I found out I was pregnant again. Surprise! This news caused me to spiral into a much deeper depression, but now I can't even take medication. I've been "making it through" for the past several months, but I just find myself in tears often and feeling like I can't breathe. I feel this immense guilt because I don't want to be pregnant again. I know I will love this baby (eventually) but right now, I don't want it. I was just trying to survive with one and now I'm having another. Is there anything I can do aside from medication? Anything you may have tried? I've considered counseling, but I need to see if insurance will cover it. I can't afford it otherwise. Thanks in advance!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Intro ~ Help!

• Options
    I am going through the same thing... I am preg due anyday and I have a three year old.... Most of the time during this pregnancy I hate it and don't even want the baby... The only difference is that this baby was planned which makes me feel soooo guilty! I am on celexa for anxiety and I take it while I am pregnant. I have been on it for 8 years and I truly believe it has saved my life a time or two... Possibly talk to you obgyn and see what they say.... Also my husband talked me into more date nights and girls nights to get my head back right...
  • Options
    Maybe it has something to do with the way things are here in Michigan...but there's an incredibly high rate of depression. Some counties here have therapists that work with people without any insurance at the local health departments. Mine was absolutely fabulous in the past and I so badly wish I could start seeing her again. My suggestion would be to check with your health department and see if they have similar services or can recommend someone to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"