Baby Showers

This made me scream

I came across this post on another thread and just about lost it. I have a pretty laid back attitude about most things shower related ( showers for more than one child, books instead of cards on so on). But to be upset because pleople didn't buy exclusively from your registry??? Wow! And the comments that followed were even worse. Holy entitled bat shit Robin.image

Re: This made me scream

• It was on a forum on babycenter.

https://community.babycenter.com/post/a46731643/post_baby_shower

Hope I attached the link properly :-)
  • Gross.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Loading the player...
  • Darbie914 said:

Oh my.  

I love the one who is keeping the sex of her baby a secret to manipulate the kind of gifts given at her shower.  Klassy.
    I know right! It's ridiculous. I mean the whole thread is just oozing with entitlement.

I'm particularly fond if the "I NEED " this or that so how dare you buy me something else attitude. If you NEED it BUY it.
  • Darbie914 said:

Oh my.  

I love the one who is keeping the sex of her baby a secret to manipulate the kind of gifts given at her shower.  Klassy.
    I know right! It's ridiculous. I mean the whole thread is just oozing with entitlement.

I'm particularly fond if the "I NEED " this or that so how dare you buy me something else attitude. If you NEED it BUY it.
  • Ew. My skin is crawling.

• **Gag me!**

Seriously! What is wrong with people now a days!?!!?
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• Darbie914 said:
    Oh my.  

I've seen that given as advice here on The Bump many, many times, FWIW.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I didn't say it was? 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @drecab, So it appears you got the stick removed and decided to join us "etiquette natzis"?
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Meery82 said:

@drecab, So it appears you got the stick removed and decided to join us "etiquette natzis"?

No, the stick is still there!

Like I said before I'm still of a different opinion on some things shower related. If what a person decided to do is based solely on the joy of celebrating I'm all for it. But those women clearly are not in it for the joy, they are in it to get shit and that's just wrong regardless of being a first time mom or a 12th time mom.

I'm all for ettiqute but I also understand that different people/cultures view showers differently but being a greedy bitch is universal. And clearly those women are out for the score.

And for the record, I agree with a lot of things you ladies say its just the delivery can be offensive at times.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"