April 2014 Moms
Options

Lower back pain and starting to worry

zoopsiedaisyzoopsiedaisy member
edited December 2013 in April 2014 Moms
I've had lower back pain since the middle of the night. It's gotten worse all day and I waited until about 15 minutes ago to take tylenol. Dumb. I'm having some pressure in my lower abdomen but I don't know if its from my back, pregnancy or exercise yesterday. I've called my doctor but I don't know if or when I will hear back. Would you go to the ER? I of course googled it and boom.... Preterm labor came up. I'm getting nervous.

Edit to add... I'm 23 weeks and a couple days.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Lower back pain and starting to worry

• Options
    If you are worried that it may be pre term labor then I would go in. It's better to be safe and it not be nothing then to wait and it ending up being something.
  • Options
    Go to the hospital where you will deliver (not necessarily e.r) and tell them you would like to be looked at. Tell them your symptoms. I had to go to the hospital a few weeks back and was advised by my dr's office that since the dr wasn't in (he was performing a csection) that I should check in at the main entrance if the hospital.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Try laying on your stomach (with pillows so baby isn't squished). That always gives me a little relief when my back hurts. Try not to stress too much and give the Tylenol some time to kick in.
  • Options
    Yeah I would start by trying to lay down and relax and give the Tylenol a chance to relax. If tut is preterm labor waiting an hour or so isn't going to hurt anything. Drink some water, too.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'll never tell anyone who thinks it could be preterm labor not to go get checked, but honestly back pain is normal! I'm having it to an excruciating degree. Today I could hardly walk! It's sciatica. I called in to see what's recommended and the nurse said there's not a ton you can do. I got massage and that offered temporary release. I hope you feel better. If you're not having contractions, spotting or other symptoms it's probably just back pain, but if you are worried than go to L&D.
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I would go in. If it is preterm labor they will likely be able to stop it as long as your water doesn't break.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you're that nervous go in that's what they're there for. Your doctor doesn't have an emergency/after hours number?
    My Alice in Wonderland Baby Shower 3/30/2014
    Instagram photo by sassijae - Baby shower time... #laylascoming #sisterinlaw #aliceinwonderland #teaparty #cantwaittilltiffgetshere

October 30, 2011
  • Options
    I'm a worrier. I would go. I always have severe back pain, now with pregnancy I have severe pelvic pain (I can hardly walk) and quite a bit of pelvic pressure/Braxton hicks. The first time I had all of this, I ran to the hospital for peace of mind, but it was nothing. If you are worried, go. I hope that's it's just normal pregnancy discomforts, but either way, let us know!
  • Options
    Well I think its good news... I talked to the doctor on call and she said it sounds more like bad round ligament pain than back labor. She also suggested I avoid Dr. google. I took a hot shower and have been laying down which has given me some relief. She said if I didn't get relief or if I started with discharge, regular cramps, like homediva said, then go to L&D. Thank you all for your support. I feel really silly! Things have gone rather smoothly with my pregnancy so I was letting my mind get the best of me that it only made sense for something really bad to be happening. :\">
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Glad all is well. My DH always says better to feel silly than have something be wrong and it be too late. Make sure you rest and drink lots of water.
  • Options
    Glad it was ok! Worrying just means you'll be a good mama! : )
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"