May 2014 Moms
Options

25 Things babies born in 2014 may never know

Me-41, Hubby-40.
1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
Dear Son born 5/28/14

Re: 25 Things babies born in 2014 may never know

• Options
    The only ones I question are the parking meters and toll booths.  These are just increasing here in my city.  Of course, neither take coin anymore, but I can't imagine the government making things more convenient or cheaper any time soon.   Of course, if we ever get a truly functional public transportation system, maybe we won't need to own, drive or park our own vehicles.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    pandadairpandadair member
    edited December 2013
    QOTR said:
    The only ones I question are the parking meters and toll booths.  These are just increasing here in my city.  Of course, neither take coin anymore, but I can't imagine the government making things more convenient or cheaper any time soon.   Of course, if we ever get a truly functional public transportation system, maybe we won't need to own, drive or park our own vehicles.
    I dunno, they don't have manned booths in Dallas anymore. They scan your license and send a bill if you don't have a toll tag on your windshield.

ETA: I can see some of these things falling out of popularity in a big way, but my kid will never not know what cursive handwriting is or what actual books are. Even if their exposure is mostly at home.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are fax machines really dying out too??? We love them at work lol.
  • Options
    I disagree on driving cars, but maybe I am just behind on technology haha.  And my kid will definitely know about real books!
  • Options
    I really hope libraries continue to exist with physical objects as well as having e-collections.  People without e-readers can get paper books (and people with e-readers can get e-books, for that matter), people like me without a music playing device can get physical copies of audiobooks and cds.  At my particular library, they might still have a VHS collection and books on actual tapes, although they've been weeding those a lot lately.  They've also started getting more e-audiobooks and not always necessarily having the discs, but I can get most anything through interlibrary loan.
  • Options
    DH and I were just talking about the distinct possibility that both our kids will never stroll through a bookstore in their adult lives.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I really hope libraries continue to exist with physical objects as well as having e-collections.  People without e-readers can get paper books (and people with e-readers can get e-books, for that matter), people like me without a music playing device can get physical copies of audiobooks and cds.  At my particular library, they might still have a VHS collection and books on actual tapes, although they've been weeding those a lot lately.  They've also started getting more e-audiobooks and not always necessarily having the discs, but I can get most anything through interlibrary loan.
    For my favorite artists, I still buy the physical CD, and then convert it to digital on my own.  I want to hold it and read the liner notes and see the photos.   If the artists ever quit producing those type things, I guess I'll have to catch up with the times and buy all digital.   

I still am exclusively paper books though.   :)
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"