2nd Trimester

Belly hard or soft and flabby?

I am 15 weeks pregnant with my first. I am 5ft and was 127lbs before pregnancy. I already have a decent size belly and put on about 7lbs. But my belly is soft and kinda flabby... is it baby belly or am I just putting on fat? 

Re: Belly hard or soft and flabby?

• I was wondering the same thing because I am having the same problem!! I am 13 weeks and can pinch the fat on my belly. Can you do that when it's a bump?
  • that is baby pushing up your abdominal organs.

This.... Your belly may get harder once your uterus reaches past your belly button.
  • Loading the player...
  • Both, actually. I'm 20w and in the morning and throughout the day it's kinda hard but still a little pudgy, but come night time It's big and hard. My belly button is starting to push outwards. Gross, but pretty neat!
  • If you want to tell how much your uterus has expanded, try lying face down.  I did that by accident the other day, it was like lying on a medicine ball!  At 15 weeks it's definitely in there :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • im 21 weeks and I still have soft belly moments...I think it depends on where the baby is when I poke at him
    If you knew better, you'd do better.
  • Pretty soft and kinda flattish when I wake up then by night I've gone from looking 4 and 1/2 months to 6 and 1/2 months with a high and round hard belly. Very weird...
  • I have a hard belly in the morning before getting up. But once I get up and start moving around, it gets soft again. Looking forward to that hardness sticking around.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
      Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Mines hard on top and softer at the bottom, but I think my regular dough is the reason for that. I'm 22wks tomorrow.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Mines really hard most of the time, it does get a little mushy on top on occasion but for the most part it's hard as a rock

BabyFruit Ticker
    *~*Landon Robert Montoya*~*
  • I'm 21 weeks. The firmer part of my belly started at the bottom of my bump while the top was still squishy. The firmness is creeping up the bump, basically, with the bottom of it getting more rounded as it takes shape.

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Im all mush in the middle until the evening when it rounds out. It seems like my fat is riding up my belly. My organs getting pushed up makes sense, im npt ised to seeing fat above my belly button
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"