Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Power Napper

My LO is 25 weeks old and is a total power napper. I was hoping that it was a phase and when she became for physically active she would nap longer, but she is crawling, sitting up on her own and also pulling herself up to a standing position and still with all the new movements I am lucky if she naps for longer than 25-30 minutes. It seems that she will be awake for 90 minutes and than nap for 30 minutes, repeat all day. The only way she will nap longer is if she is being held. Anyone else experience this with their LO? Does it every change or I am looking at this trend for the duration? It's hell on getting any house chores completed...

Re: Power Napper

• Options
    Sounds like she's not able to transition to the next sleep cycle. How do you put her to sleep for a nap? If she doesn't fall asleep independently (i.e., without your help, rocking, nursing, whatever it is) you might want to consider a form of sleep training that you are comfortable with.  It makes sense because she sleeps longer if she's held. 

• Options
    We did sleep train for the night time, but for napping it wasn't happening. She gets put down drowsy but awake most times only rarely does she actually fall asleep in my arms, but it's like clockwork - 30 minutes and she's awake, but at night she sleeps just fine.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our ped and some other books said that some babies, like adults, just need that amount of rest. My 19 week old has had 30 min naps 4 times a day since she was 8 weeks. I worried and obsessed that she wasn't getting enough rest, but she's happy and very alert! Stinks to try to shower and dry my hair, but DD is doing great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"