Georgia Babies

Pre-Ks in East Cobb...

We are currently under contract for a house in East Cobb, specifically in the Sope Creek elementary school district. I know that Sope Creek doesn't have a pre-K program so we are looking for a program for our daughter in that area. She currently attends preschool at the First Baptist Church in Smyrna and while we could keep her there, its a bit far to travel once we move.

So any recommendations? we are open to churches, Georgia Lottery funded programs, etc. Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Pre-Ks in East Cobb...

• My daughter goes here:

https://www.mtparan.com/default.aspx?page=7364

It's at my church near east piedmont and sandy plains.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I just toured East Cobb Prep and really liked it. Granted I was looking mostly at their infant room but they had pre-school that looked just as nice.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • My kids go/went to St. Catherine's preschool on Holt next to Wheeler High School. It is a smaller school, very reasonably priced and my oldest went through pre-k there last year. They prepared her very well for kindergarten!
    Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
  • How much is the infant care at East Cobb Prep?
  • So happy for you Jess!  :)  I will miss little Reese!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our church preschool is pretty awesome- Piedmont Academy. We live in Acworth so its a lil far for me to drive everyday but if we lived closer, this is where we would send DD. Church website is piedmontchurch.tv

• Infant care at W Cobb Prep is $250/week. Probably the same at the East location.
  • I've heard great things about Mt Bethel UMC's preschool. We go to Roswell Methodist's school and LOVE it- but Roswell may be a little far if you want to stay near Sope Creek Area.
    BFP #1 on 2.13.11, MM/C 04.11.11 @ 12W, 1D
    BFP #2 due on 2.17.12 - Happy Birthday Brooks 2.11.12
    BFP #3 on 11.14.12, M/C 12.3.12 @ 7W, 1D
    BFP #4 due 12.11.13- Happy Birthday Taylor @ 34w, 2d
    - 30w+1- pPROM and hospital bed rest till DD comes

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    My Preemie ticker

image image
  • My son goes to Sprayberry Academy in East Cobb (Post Oak Tritt). It's a Georgia Pre-K program and we love it! $180/mo for meals and that's it. I had my doubts about a state-funded program but it has exceeded my expectations. I tell everyone that they should send their kid to Georgia Pre-K.

Go to this website and enter your zip code and county and it will give you a list of places that offer GA Pre-K. You might want to register soon because they fill up quick.

https://decal.ga.gov/ProviderSearch/SiteSearch.aspx?prekonly=y&newsearch=y
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • I've also heard good things about St. Ann's preschool, but that might be far for you:

https://st-ann.org/preschool/home
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Our kids are at East Cobb Prep and we love it there. The kids in their PreK are basically learning what is taught in Kindergarten. We have always been happy there. My daughter went to a GA PreK program and it was terrible. I think it was more because of the daycare center where it was taught, but just know that GA Prek programs are not all the same.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"