Baby Names

Team green...need help with middle name ideas for Baby #3 please!

Hi, everyone!

I'm at 35 weeks with baby #3 right now.  We've been Team Green on all three pregnancies (and I guessed wrong on both my first two!)  Anyway, you'd think we'd have the baby-naming thing down by now, but we're having a terrible time coming up with middle names this time around.  My husband and I are mostly drawn to fairly classic or old-fashioned names.  We have a DS (Nath.an Ell.iot, nn Nate) and a DD (Lilli.an Clai.re, nn Lily) already.  Our last name is two syllables, starts with B. 

If it's a boy, we're going to go with James (nn Jamie).  If it's a girl, we're going to go with Sarah (nn Sadie).  But we're totally stumped on middle names.  (I just can't look at any more baby name websites or books.  I'm burnt out and all the names are starting to look alike.  I need fresh ideas!)  

Any suggestions?  Thank you very much!

Re: Team green...need help with middle name ideas for Baby #3 please!

• James Tucker
    James Edward
    James Michael

Sarah Jean
    Sarah Olivia
    Sarah Margaret

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • When I answer posts like this, I like to give you the very first middle name that comes to mind when I saw these names aloud...and in this case, that would be.....

Sarah Christine

James Alexander

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

View Raw Image'>

• Loading the player...
  • Nice names!

James Gregory

James Alexander

James David

James Martin

James Alan

James Frederick

Sarah Alison

Sarah Corrine

Sarah Renee

Sarah Quinn

Sarah Elise

GL!

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Great names!!

James Andrew, James Daniel, James Christian, James Phillip, James Michael

Sarah Elise, Sarah Margaret, Sarah Katherine, Sarah Juliet, Sarah Vivienne

BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sarah Rose, Sarah Marie, Sarah Joy, Sarah Esme

James Connor, James Andrew, James Alexander, James Matthew

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• James Mitchell, Sarah Jane
  • Thank you so much for the suggestions!  

I WISH I could go with James Oliver, but there's a well-known TV chef/author named Jamie Oliver, and I am having trouble getting over that.  Boo.  Because that name's awesome.  

I also really like James Alexander, but that's the name of the main character in a book series I love, so it seems a smidge fangirl-ish.  Sigh.  This is why I have trouble!  I talk myself out of everything I really like!

I had only briefly thought of Sarah Quinn before now, but seeing it suggested by someone else is really making an impression.  I like that a lot!

snuff9861 asked why we don't just name her Sadie if that's what we plan to call her.  I'm just a fan of having a more formal name and a less formal nickname.  We actually use both full name and nickname interchangeably all the time with both my existing kids.  My own name doesn't have any traditional nicknames, and I always wanted one growing up.  So, that's the only real reason.  Sarah seems more traditional and a bit more grownup to me.  Sadie is just cute and sweet and I like saying it.  
  • James Patrick
    James Ezra
    James Luca
    James Ian
    James Rowan
    James Everett
    James Deacon

Sarah Faith
    Sarah Lou
    Sarah Brynn
    Sarah Kate
    Sarah Diane