September 2013 Moms
Options

Ideas please

DS is almost 13 weeks. Had a couple fussy days I attributed to a growth spurt. Was up more than usual last night. Sleeping more today, but while awake he's grunting and screaming. Has to have paci all the time. He is a gassy boy, we use drops and gripe water when needed. Twice today he has refused the breast. The first time I gave some Tylenol, thinking maybe teething. About half hr later, I got him to eat. Then he slept some more, played a little. Then refused the breast again. Thawed a bag and he ate it right down. I'm showered, no perfume. Normal. He has been drooling and eating his fists.

I don't know what I'm asking. Just looking for any ideas. I think he's gassy, teething and growing all at the same time. Any similar experiences, anything help?

Thanks for reading all this mess
Anniversary TTC since Oct 2009
PCOS
BFP June 3,2012
Partial Molar Pregnancy :(
D&C July 12, 2012
Forced 6 month break.
BFP January 13, 2013
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Ideas please

• Options
    I can offer that you are not alone. I have been noticing if we miss an early hunger sign due to a long nap, etc when she is overly hungry she wont nurse. My theory is let down isn't as fast as an instant bottle so she refuses to latch until she has a bottle nipple.

Hope you can figure out a solution. We have been paying very close attention to feeding times and her cues and it seems to have helped.
  • Options
    He won't even come close to latching. My breast goes near his mouth a and he pulls away, turns his head and screams... Ugh.
    Anniversary TTC since Oct 2009
    PCOS
    BFP June 3,2012
    Partial Molar Pregnancy :(
    D&C July 12, 2012
    Forced 6 month break.
    BFP January 13, 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am in no way, shape or form a lactation expert but I remember when my LO was having issue latching my in-hospital LC used some form of sugar water to get his interest up. I know sugar is bad for their digestive system so I would research that before trying it. Maybe put a little dab or grape flavored Tylenol on your nipple?

BFP 01/05/2013. EDD 09/18/2013. Low Progesterone. Gestational Diabetes. Rh Negative. Baby Ky-Mani born 100% healthy 09/17/2013. TTC#2 12/2013. BFP 02/01/2014! "Baby RaggaMuffin" due 10/07/2014.

• Options
    I went through this a few weeks ago and then it just...stopped. Not sure what happened. I did notice that I could get her to latch if I walked around or laid next to her in bed. Sometimes a dark room and white noise helped but not always. I ended up pumping and going bottles several times per day and then after a few weeks she just kind of got over it.
    DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13
  • Options
    My daughter started doing that today.. She was acting hungry so I tried feeding her but she sucked a little bit than started screaming, she did this all day. I'm starting to think maybe she's teething? My daughter doesn't even know what a bottle is so not sure if it would have anything to do with that.. But you're not alone!
  • Options
    Any chance he could have an ear infection? My DS was acting the same exact way yesterday but is back to normal today thankfully (I'm also attributing it to teething & growth spurt) But, one of my friends mentioned ear infection when I told her about this yesterday. His symptoms included decreased appetite, screaming when being put down on back, extra fussy, not wanting to sleep. I hope that's not the case for your DS but I guess it's another possibility to look at.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"