Secondary IF

NSIFR: NYE plans?

What's everyone doin for the new year?

In the past I partied hard :) but now that we have DS we just hang out and watch the ball drop and sometimes I don't even stay awake for that (although if I fall asleep DH wakes me up for a quick midnight kiss)

Any resolutions?

Um - the usual - get pregnant, lose weight blah blah.

Me: 27 DH: 33
Married 6 years
Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
No longer benched per New RE/OB!
Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
March 2, 2014 First AF

Re: NSIFR: NYE plans?

• We're going to my friend's family-friendly party. Guessing we will be home around 10ish and may or may not watch the ball drop. Pretty wild night \:D/

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• We're going to my SIL's. They have an ice rink in their yard, so we'll skate, go sledding, etc. We'll hang out as long as DD will let us. I'd guess we'll be home by 10. If we can stay awake, DH and I will drink champagne, play scrabble, and watch the ball drop.

Married 12.9.06

DD born 1.6.11

TTC #2 since 7.12

• Loading the player...
  • Oh man, I may be making a major rookie mom mistake, but DH and I are joining my family and some other family friends for dinner in Pasadena at 9 pm!  We are bringing our LO!  HA!  And then, we plan to go walk around and look at the Rose Parade floats in their prepping area.  If we stay the whole time, we may not get home till 2:00 am.  Hahahah, I'm laughing at my own stupidity as I write this.  I doubt we'll make it to the floats, but I am super looking forward to PF Chang's for dinner.

On a side note, to those of you who don't live in So Cal, do you know about the Tournament of Roses Parade?  They always claim it's broadcast nationwide and "all eyes are on California" on New Year's day.  Is that true?  I'm guessing no, but please, tell me if you watch.  I'm curious.
    Happily Mrs. C 
    image  image

image Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    start ttc #1 in Jan 2009
    dx PCOS in May 2010, begin metformin
    Two failed clomid cycles (made lining too thin)
    Started acupuncture while saving for IVF in Sept 2011
    Add herbal infusions to the mix in Dec 2011
    Hoping holistic approach works!!!

BFP on April 2012 at 11dpo
    Meepy Man born on Jan 2013 - Hip Hip Hurray!

Ready to start ttc #2 April 2013, but plan to be an extended BF'er
    Back on metformin Aug 2013
    Restart herbal infusions Sept 2013 - currently drinking nettle, oatstraw, and red raspberry leaf
    DS weaned in April 2014
    Taking a break from herbs and just riding the healthy train.  
    Planning medicated cycle end of summer.  FX I get KU before then!!!
  • Family party at a neighbour's
    Me: 32, DH: 33
    DS #1: April 2010
    DS #2: July 2015 (preemie born at 31 weeks) - our little miracle conceived through ART - unexplained secondary infertility/adenomyosis
  • No plans. It'll be any other night and we won't see midnight.  The new year will still be there in the morning, so we can catch up then.

As far as resolutions go, I want to try to eat less sugar, and I want to make myself study for my remaining actuarial exams that I have abandoned since getting married and having DS.  Both are pretty lofty goals.  The sugar I think I can do.  The exams, not so much.  I'm not making a resolution about pregnancy because I'm just too grumpy about it all right now, and having a resolution to make that happen will just make me more grumpy.

November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• We are going to my SIL's tonight. They have an ice rink in their backyard, so we'll skate, go sledding, eat, and drink. We might stay over. If we don't, we'll probably head home to put DD down around 10 (2 hours late for her), the DH and I will drink champagne, and in an effort to stay awake until midnight, we will likely play a board game.

Married 12.9.06

DD born 1.6.11

TTC #2 since 7.12

• On a side note, to those of you who don't live in So Cal, do you know about the Tournament of Roses Parade?  They always claim it's broadcast nationwide and "all eyes are on California" on New Year's day.  Is that true?  I'm guessing no, but please, tell me if you watch.  I'm curious.

I live in New England, and the parade is on TV here!

Married 12.9.06

DD born 1.6.11

TTC #2 since 7.12

• DH always works on NYE, so DD and I will be in bed when the clock strikes midnight. Of course people like to shoot off firecrackers in the neighborhood so I always know when it is a new year.

Hmm...resolutions? Well, I have been gaining weight these past few months and realized that it was because I started drinking wine every.single.night. My NYR is to stop doing that!!! And of course get KTFU!

BFP #1 12.24.07 - DD born @ 39w1d on 08.26.08
    BFP #2 08.04.11 - DD born still @ 37w3d on 03.25.12

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TTC #3 since May 2012

BFP #3 12.29.12 - CP @ 4w2d on 01.02.13
    BFP #4 10.17.13 - CP @ 4w2d on 10.23.13

BFP #5 04.06.14 - MMC 05.07.14

No longer trying to conceive.

image    http://oi40.tinypic.com/15czrid.jpg     image

• Well... I'm headed downtown to a club with my sister.  DH & DS are headed to a concert so my sister and I will be dancing like we used to.  Hopefully I will see some fireworks and have a great time! Getting super excited.  

• We are spending the night as a family. My DD even took a nap so she could try and stay up until midnight. 
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Quiet night in for DH and me. Same old routine for DS (change in routine = hell to pay, so we just go with it).

I made some of our fave party foods: buffalo chicken dip, spinach dip, veggie tray, cold veggie pizza, and there's a bottle of prosecco in the fridge. I'll bust into that any minute- we don't wait for midnight to drink the good stuff. :)
  • My resolution is to create something every day. Doesn't matter how big or small, but I just want to make something.

Music, a photo, a new activity for DS and/or my students. And of course, I suppose in some capacity that could translate to creating life.. But I mean I want to use my imagination a little more.
  • On a side note, to those of you who don't live in So Cal, do you know about the Tournament of Roses Parade?  They always claim it's broadcast nationwide and "all eyes are on California" on New Year's day.  Is that true?  I'm guessing no, but please, tell me if you watch.  I'm curious.
    Yup!  It's starts in about 45 minutes on the local ABC channel.  Here is my question for the class:  Do y'all know what a Mummer is?  Because in Philly, it's all about the Mummer's Parade!

Originally we had plans to go to a party. The ILs were going to watch the monster at their house and then we would all crash there later.  Buuuut, I found out yesterday that I had to be in work at 5:30a this morning, so that squashed that idea.  We ended up ordering out, and watching New Years Rockin' Eve.

As for resolutions/goals:  obviously 1. is get my entire endocrine system figured out and get pregnant in May/June/July.  Other than that, I want to start a new career, and just get more organized, specifically with our finances.  They've got to shit lately.  I know it sounds like a lot, but I have been in a major slump recently, and things got to change.
  • I forgot to add my resolution! 

My resolution for the new year is to make myself healthier in all ways and make my family the strongest and happiest we can possibly be! 
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

Yup!  It's starts in about 45 minutes on the local ABC channel.  Here is my question for the class:  Do y'all know what a Mummer is?  Because in Philly, it's all about the Mummer's Parade!

I've never heard of a Mummer. What is it all about?  
    Happily Mrs. C 
    image  image

image Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    start ttc #1 in Jan 2009
    dx PCOS in May 2010, begin metformin
    Two failed clomid cycles (made lining too thin)
    Started acupuncture while saving for IVF in Sept 2011
    Add herbal infusions to the mix in Dec 2011
    Hoping holistic approach works!!!

BFP on April 2012 at 11dpo
    Meepy Man born on Jan 2013 - Hip Hip Hurray!

Ready to start ttc #2 April 2013, but plan to be an extended BF'er
    Back on metformin Aug 2013
    Restart herbal infusions Sept 2013 - currently drinking nettle, oatstraw, and red raspberry leaf
    DS weaned in April 2014
    Taking a break from herbs and just riding the healthy train.  
    Planning medicated cycle end of summer.  FX I get KU before then!!!
  • The Mummer's Parade is made up of different clubs, and on New Years Day, each club gets dressed up in this crazy outfits with props and parade down Broad Street in Philadelphia.  They all have some sort of live band with them, mostly comprised of banjos, violins, saxophones and accordions.   There are a couple divisions- String Band, Fancies, Clowns, Fancy Brigade.  

Here is a video of a favorite club of mine, The Quaker City String Band.  It's a good representation of the insane costumes, and props they use

The captain traditionally has a HUGE back piece or more elaborate costume, and after they preform, can be found in the front, leading the rest of the club with the Mummer's Strut

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"