July 2013 Moms

5 months later

And my lawyer doesn't have the medical records. Something smells fishy.

Re: 5 months later

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • What the hell?!? How does your lawyer not have the records yet? I wish you lived in Maryland so that I could help. Ugh! I am so pissed for you.
  • I'm not sure where you delivered but I seriously hate the medical systems in our city right now. More intent on fighting than providing good quality services. I'm really sorry this is dragging out so long.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • WTF.  I'd be so frustrated!
  • Not ok. Not ok at all. They are pretty much the worst people ever.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Wow.  They must be concerned that they didn't do something right (Duh!).  I'm so sorry this is dragging on for you.  I'm sure you would like some closure sooner than later.  (((Hugs))) 
    After 4.5 years our miracle IVF baby is here!
    Born 7/30/13
  • What the eff. I'm so sorry they are being so annoying. Ugh.
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
  • Sounds like they are definitely trying to hide something... Hopefully your lawyer can light a fire under their ass.
  • I hate upmc.
  • Waiting for the lawyer to call me back. I haven't heard from him since the last time i updated you all. Three docs looked at the case and said "maybe but not a slam dunk". We were waiting on records to determine whether or not we have a case. I decided to call back today, almost hoping that he had the records and the case wasn't worth pursuing so i can kiss 2013's rosy red ass goodbye. I asked the secretary if my records were received and he said they weren't in my file. So now i wait :-w :!!
  • I'm sorry. That's ridiculous.
  • Mamasighs said:

Maybe you need a new lawyer too.

This. My understanding was that he is one of the best med mal lawyers in the area. He came highly recommended from a lawyer friend who practices business law.
  • Mamasighs said:

I was thinking this too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think you need a new lawyer too. This ain't right.

Bonus: 

• @alicia0817 both. First myself. The hospital "lost" my records request. This was a week and a half after telling me they had it and that i should have records soon.

I was trying to preserve a relationship with the obgyn office because at one point i loved being there. But now it's only sad memories. And a fear of going to a new one...

But after the request was lost i said screw it, let the lawyer deal with it.

I should really be requesting them too, again. But i guess i feel defeated, tired, and want to ignore it. I think part of me just wants it all to be over and i can move on with life. But another part of me wants to keep it going so i still have the hope of their office or the hospital paying for this mistake. I'll never understand how this all happened. What a nightmare. I need to go read your cards again. <3
  • Oh, Ames, I'm sorry. I don't have any advice, but this is making me angry for you all over again. Big hugs, and I hope you can get this sorted out soon and close the door on it. 
    FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
    photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
    This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
    DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
    131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
    We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.
  • That sucks.  Time to get after them!  Make them cry!
  • I know someone that was in a similar situation. She tried to get her records after a gross misdiagnosis leading to a lifetime of disability at the age of 30. It took forever for the records. We were worried because the records were paper that they were being falsified. I hope your records were in an electronic system. I would go to the medical records department of the hospital and wait there until they copied them and gave them to you.

Sad to say but it's been almost 6 years and she is still in court over the matter. Her attorneys are great though. If you want their info I can get it for you. She is in Ohio and I think the attorney is out of Maryland.

Bonus: 

• I'm so sorry. Big hugs! And I have more cards to send you :)
  • Yeah, I'm thinking new lawyer too.
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Can you just go into the medical records department and do a request?   It would be just like when you want some lab results or transfer doctors.   I don't see why it would take this long.

This. I'm very pushy though. I would be going around the lawyer to get my records myself and make a copy and bring a copy to lawyer myself. That's ridiculous. Fishy or not. I would be pissed.
  • Ugh I'm sorry! Definitely fishy and not right at all. I'm hoping you get things resolved soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • edited January 2014
    JStahl678 said:
    Fishy for sure. Or as @asbromle would say, Haddocky.
    :)

That's what I was gonna say. So Haddocky! Sorry Ames :(
  • skleigh said:
    as someone who has worked in the legal field, my first thought was your lawyer is dragging his feet.

This is my thought too.  He doesn't have your records because he isn't assertively persuing them. He knows how to get them and he'll get around to it. But, you can always request them yourself like pp said.

What do you feel the hospital or your OB's malpractice was? Did they miss something?

• Fuck that, Ames. Seriously, if you want I'll drive myself to the freaking office and pitch a tent and sit there chanting at the top of my lungs until they give you the fucking records.

J13 - who is coming with me?!

I'm there. I think with a few of us you would have your records in like 3 minutes :)

Bonus: 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"