Two Under 2
Options

having anxiety

So DH and I just found out we are expecting baby #2, DS1 is only 7 months old.  DH works out of town Monday through Friday, and I am a full time working mom.  Being a teacher, I work 7 until 5, pick up DS1 come home feed him feed self, give him bath, bottle and to bed by 7.  He STTN until about 6 AM so our time together as mom and son is limited.  I already feel overwhelmed and anxious at the thought of having two, working full time, with NO support during the week.  Should I look at staying home?  I LOVE teaching...but love my kids more...

Thoughts???  Looking forward to baby #2...but worried I will drown...

Re: having anxiety

• Options
    Congrats! My two are 13 months apart, and I love the age gap!

Take some time to absorb the news before you make any decisions about whether or not to stay home. I was a teacher before DD was born, and I don't regret deciding to stay home with her and now DS. However, DH and I took months coming to the decision that me staying home was best for our family. Since you still have a lot of pregnancy left, you have time to weigh pros and cons.
    Mommy to N (3), J (2), and C (10 months). LO4 is due in mid-September.
  • Options
    No one can tell you what's best for your family. But I am a SAHM to Irish twins and DH is a teacher. If I were gone all week, my DH would lose his mind. I'm guessing you are also doing work at home once your son goes to bed. 2U2 is hard, but there are plenty of working moms around here who balance it all. And for the most part their husbands are around during the week to pitch in. Like I said, no one can say what's best for your family except you, but I would explore the idea of staying home, even if it's just for a year (can you go on maternity leave and keep your job?). Or seeing if your DH could find a new job where he didn't travel so much. And there's nothing saying you have to decide today. You've got a lot of time to figure it out.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am fairly new to the 2 under two board but, I have a 9 month old and one on the way. The kids will be 13 months apart. My husband is home during the week but, we both work full time - I love my job and would not want to leave. We hired a full time live in nanny (Aupair) and that has been a wonderful decision for our family. It makes life a lot earlier. It may not seem like a lot but, having that person watch the kids while we are at work AND making then responsible for the kids laundry, etc means less work for me and more quality time with the kid(s) when I get home.
    image image image Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    Hi Brissett,

Which aupair agency did you use? How was the interview process?

Thanks!
  • Options
    First of all, congrats!! :)
    Only you and your DH can make the decision (obviously), but I know that for me (my personality type), I honestly don't think that I could handle the stress of working and then coming home and handling 2 babies and a household. Not that being a SAHM is a walk in the park. It's just different difficulties. 
    If you're interested at all in staying at home, I would suggest living off your DH's salary for a few months, be sure you can make it work, and then you've saved all your income! 
    Best of luck, and congrats again!!
           I am convinced that coffee is God's gift to mothers.

BabyFruit Ticker       
    **  DD-5.30.11 ** DS-1.15.13 ** #3 EDD - 9.4.14 ** 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"