Stay at Home Moms

Bringing baby to work party

I polled a facebook group I'm in on whether its appropriate to ask DH's boss if we can bring DD to the staff "post holiday open house." It's an informal gathering at his boss's house. For the record, I think it's not okay to ask. DH wants to ask because otherwise I cant go and he doesn't want to go alone. Overwhelmingly the responses were to just show up with the baby. And several "just put the baby in a nice carrier." We figured out a solution where we can both go but I'm dumbfounded by how many people think its okay to just show up wi a baby

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bringing baby to work party

• Do these people have kids?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • vlagrl29 said:
    Do these people have kids?

All of them

• vlagrl29 said:
    or manners?
  • vlagrl29 said:
    or manners?
    Apparently not.

• vlagrl29 said:
    or manners?
    Apparently not.

• vlagrl29 said:
    or manners?
    Apparently not.

• I have a 3 yo you can borrow too.  Just show up with a cute, immobile baby, a busy toddler and a sassy 3 yo.  No one will look twice.
  • Go out and buy a sparkly car seat. LOL!  I just can't imagine anyone with kids saying that. So weird, but people always amaze me.
  • put LO in the formal carrier and go!

is there something wrong with asking to bring LO to a get together?
  • I guess I should stop,bedazzling my ergo then? In any case DH's boss and a couple CW's asked him last night if we were bringing the baby since no one has met her yet. We had already figured out a plan for her but now I'm wondering if that means they want her to go or if they're just being nice?

• QueSyrah said:
    I guess I should stop,bedazzling my ergo then? In any case DH's boss and a couple CW's asked him last night if we were bringing the baby since no one has met her yet. We had already figured out a plan for her but now I'm wondering if that means they want her to go or if they're just being nice?
    that probably means they want to see her.
  • Am I the only one who thinks it's fine to bring an infant to a party like this? If the party was at a fancy restaurant or bar, obviously not ok. But it's at the boss' house. I'd totally bring a baby that could be held in my arms. Definitely not an older baby or toddler who could run around and get into things but I don't see the issue with bringing an infant.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Mrs.Greg said:
    Am I the only one who thinks it's fine to bring an infant to a party like this? If the party was at a fancy restaurant or bar, obviously not ok. But it's at the boss' house. I'd totally bring a baby that could be held in my arms. Definitely not an older baby or toddler who could run around and get into things but I don't see the issue with bringing an infant.
    IMO, yes. It's a work event, not a family party. I would never dream of bringing a child to a work party, unless it was a family holiday party.
  • Mrs.GregMrs.Greg member
    edited January 2014
    But this doesn't sound like a work event. OP said it's a post holiday open house type party and it's informal. I don't know, I still think I'd bring the baby if it were me. Dinner party at the boss' house with co-workers, no. Holiday open house get together, ok in my book.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Mrs.Greg said:
    But this doesn't sound like a work event. OP said it's a post holiday open house type party and it's informal. I don't know, I still think I'd bring the baby if it were me. Dinner party at the boss' house with co-workers, no. Holiday open house get together, ok in my book.

It's very informal and if you knew his company/work environment you wouldn't be surprised to see a young baby. But I still think its better to ask if they're welcome than just show up. Now, this is just for DH's team (13 people) but I would never dream of trying to bring a baby to the company sponsored holiday party for all the managers (like 200 people)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"