April 2013 Moms

NBR: Mail Organization

One of my New Year's resolutions is to have a better system with my mail, mine sucks! Please share if you have a good mail system. Mine ends up sitting in piles in the kitchen.... then in piles in the office. Oh and then there's a pile for DH that he needs to look at but rarely does. Where do you keep your mail and do you have a good organizer (please share a pic)! Thanks!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR: Mail Organization

• JSS1002 said:
    My only "system" is to open the mail right over the trash since most of it is junk anyway!

This.  and then the important things like bills go into a pile by the phone so that I take them with me the next day to pay them.  One of my resolutions is to get a system set up at home for bills. Right now I take them with me and pay them at work.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • rariese said:
    JSS1002 said:
    My only "system" is to open the mail right over the trash since most of it is junk anyway!

This.  and then the important things like bills go into a pile by the phone so that I take them with me the next day to pay them.  One of my resolutions is to get a system set up at home for bills. Right now I take them with me and pay them at work.
    This is what I used to do until I set up computer billing for EVERYTHING.  I still have to manually go in and click "pay," but it is paper-free; the reminders/ bills all come to my email.  It is so much easier and way less clutter.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Paper shredder/recycle! Most of it is junk anyway. I keep reminding DH to set his student loans to electronic billing since a bulk of the mail we get are his student loan bills.

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• Junk mail goes right in the trash. We have a Real Simple mail organizer I got at Target a few years ago. There are 4 slots, which I labeled Dad, Mom, Bills (to file), and stamps. If anything is very important, I leave it on the counter for DH to see. Works well for us!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• We have the "Family Organizer" from My31 and like it a lot.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• My system is to deal with things as soon as I open them. Any junk mail gets put into recycling right away. Important letters get filed.

For the bills, I bought a plastic basket from the dollar store to keep them in until they are paid if I don't pay it right away. It sits next to my computer. As soon as I pay a bill, I file it away. It keeps things organized and in the same place.
  • we have a box with 31 slots, all numbered. bills go in the slot they are due. it lives by the computer. junk mail gets trashed as soon as it comes. other stuff i'm not as good with, and need to figure out better.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"