TTC After a Loss
Options

~**~ Healthy Living Check In ~**~

Welcome to our

Check in!

We are a group of women striving to live healthier lives, whether that means losing weight, gaining weight, sticking to a specific diet, counting calories, avoiding counting calories, starting to exercise, continuing to exercise, or anything in between. 

If you are new, feel free to jump in and join us! We check in on Mondays and follow up with an accountability on Fridays (our favorite post of the week, because we love encouraging each other and celebrating all our successes!). 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ 

Many of us are using MyFitnessPal to keep track of our eating and our exercise. MFP is a great tool to keep yourself accountable, and because it is set up as a social network site, we can cheer you on there as well as here. If you are using MFP and have not found us yet, let us know so we can friend you!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ 
So let's hear it! 

THE GOOD: 
THE BAD: 
THE PROUD: 
THE PLAN: 

QOTW:  How do you like to unwind after a crazy, busy, or stressful day?
Began trying for a baby January 2012
BFP 4.25.2013  EDD 1.3.2014  MMC 6.3.2013  D&C 6.19.2013
BFP 11.3.2013  CP 11.6.2013
BFP 3.31.2014 EDD 12.10.2014 Baby boy Carlson born 12.19.2014 

Re: ~**~ Healthy Living Check In ~**~

• Options
    megrae12megrae12 member
    edited December 2013
    I guess I posted in the wrong one earlier. Prolly cause my brain is still asleep from all that stupid traveling we had. Hope all is well @carlsonbaby2014

THE GOOD: I didnt kill H's cousin when she tried to tell me how to think about our loss. This is very good for my health as I dont think prison would work well for me getting in shape. 
    THE BAD: I SUCK at putting crap in MFP. I need a slap upside the head for this. 
    THE PROUD: See the section under the good. 
    THE PLAN: I start boot camp (for real this time) on Thursday. I cannot wait!!

I hope you ladies have a wonderful week. Much love and ((Hugs))

Edit: I always forget the QOTW!!

I like to unwind with a book and my blankie (yes, I said blankie). I sit in my spot on the couch, much like Sheldon from Big Bang (dont judge), get my blankie and wrap up, and pull my kindle out and read. I find if I lose myself even for just a little while, I feel infinitely better. Needless to say I have done a crap ton of reading lately!!
    Multiple TTCAL 1IF 3
    imageimage
    DX: stage 2 Endo 2012, PCOS 7/2/14,  HSG 6/11/14, Lefty open!!
    BFP#1, EDD: 4/27/14, Missed EP confirmed: 9/23/13, R tube removal: 9/25/13 
    Clomid/TI #1=BFN, 
    Clomid/TI#2=BFN, Clomid/TI #3=CP
    BFP #2 CP, EDD 7/12/15
    On a treatment break: 2 natural cycles. Saving money, sigh*

Goodbye my sweet babies. We miss you so much
    All Welcome

• Options
    THE GOOD: Amazed I lost weight during the holidays
    THE BAD: The amount of crap I ate during the holidays
    THE PROUD: I have been sticking to my healthier meals
    THE PLAN: I am refusing to diet so the plan is to keep eating healthy minus the junk that has been readily available and I am going to start the couch to 5k. I am hoping to do the shamrock run but I will walk it if I can't run it.

QOTW:  How do you like to unwind after a crazy, busy, or stressful day? I like to have a beer and hang out with my friends but I really haven't been drinking since the mc... I guess I keep hoping it will be my month. So now I play video games.

***TTCAL January siggy challenge ***
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi ladies.  I'm struggling this morning!  I feel so lethargic and just generally crappy.  Who's with me - really, really ready for a new year?!

THE GOOD: Not much.

THE BAD: Basically everything.
    THE PROUD: See above.
    THE PLAN: Okay, so I had a shitty week.  Didn't work out. At all.  Drank way too much, ate way too much, and had a horrible time doing it.  Yay for the holidays.  So, I need to get back on track right away.

First things first - no more wine, period.  I mean it!  Hold me to this, OK ladies?
    Second - nutrition needs to be front and center when it comes to prepping my meals this week.  I have made a menu and plan on sticking to it no matter what.
    Finally - working out needs to happen.  Walking from the couch to the fridge does not count as a walk.  So, I am going to go to BodyPump and zumba tomorrow plus snowshoeing on Jan 1st.  

To help with goal #1 I decided no new years eve parties for us this year.  Hopefully that makes for a much better time showshoeing!

I tried this yesterday - listening to meditation/zen music with low lights while puttering throughout the house cleaning or cooking reminding myself to "be calm".  I loved it, and am hoping this will help me keep the crazy at bay, especially this week :(.
  • Options
    @megrae12 - Good job not killing your H's cousin.  Also ((((hugs)))) to you for having to put up with her - ugh!!  As for MFP - would it help to keep a written diary of your day and then plug it all in at night? 
    @rubysi - So exciting you lost weight over the holidays ;).  I like your idea of playing video games as a way to unwind.  MH and I like to play Mario Party haha.
  • Options
    @carlsonbaby2014 I am gonna have to figure something out for sure!
    Multiple TTCAL 1IF 3
    imageimage
    DX: stage 2 Endo 2012, PCOS 7/2/14,  HSG 6/11/14, Lefty open!!
    BFP#1, EDD: 4/27/14, Missed EP confirmed: 9/23/13, R tube removal: 9/25/13 
    Clomid/TI #1=BFN, 
    Clomid/TI#2=BFN, Clomid/TI #3=CP
    BFP #2 CP, EDD 7/12/15
    On a treatment break: 2 natural cycles. Saving money, sigh*

Goodbye my sweet babies. We miss you so much
    All Welcome

• Options

Hi Ladies, do you mind if I join in?

THE GOOD: not a whole lot at this point... DH and I have been running around like crazy this holiday season and have been eating horribly and not working out.....
    THE BAD: I've been a fast food junky for the past few weeks.
    THE PROUD: Joining this check in!  I'm hoping this will help my accountability!
    THE PLAN: I found this on pinterest yesterday - never skip a Monday workout, never go 3 days in a row without working out and work out 3 days/week.   I'm going to try to stick to this this week - starting with a trip to the Y after work tonight.

QOTW: How do you like to unwind after a crazy, busy, or stressful day?  Unfortunately, with comfort food - need to find a substitute for this

:\">    

@carlsonbaby2014 - I love your idea with the zen music and reminding myself to be calm/in the moment!

@rubysi - what games do you like to play?  I don't play a lot, but DH loves it and I watch him play sometimes, it is such a good way to get lost in another world!

@megrae12 - I am right with you on the blankies!  I call it "getting cozy."  Hands down one of my favorite places to be is at home, nice and cozy with my sweats and blankies :)

Married Aug. 2011

BFP #1: 6/9/13; (EDD: 2/14/14); M/C: 6/22/13; confirmed ectopic: 7/8/13 (3 doses MTX: 7/8/13, 7/15/13, 7/22/13)

--AL Always Welcome--

• Options
    @5895WolterA I like to sing on Rockband, love Little Big Planet, I got Puppeteer rescently, and the free games I get every month from Sony Playstore. I also use my wii to play old Mario games and zelda games.

***TTCAL January siggy challenge ***
  • Options
    Your games sound much more entertaining!  MH likes to plays Little Big Planet sometimes, but most of his gaming is with stuff like Halo (which I don't love to watch haha).  The Lego Star Wars and Batman ones are cool though!

Married Aug. 2011

BFP #1: 6/9/13; (EDD: 2/14/14); M/C: 6/22/13; confirmed ectopic: 7/8/13 (3 doses MTX: 7/8/13, 7/15/13, 7/22/13)

--AL Always Welcome--

• Options

Hi Ladies, do you mind if I join in?

THE GOOD: not a whole lot at this point... DH and I have been running around like crazy this holiday season and have been eating horribly and not working out.....
    THE BAD: I've been a fast food junky for the past few weeks.
    THE PROUD: Joining this check in!  I'm hoping this will help my accountability!
    THE PLAN: I found this on pinterest yesterday - never skip a Monday workout, never go 3 days in a row without working out and work out 3 days/week.   I'm going to try to stick to this this week - starting with a trip to the Y after work tonight.

QOTW: How do you like to unwind after a crazy, busy, or stressful day?  Unfortunately, with comfort food - need to find a substitute for this

:\">    

@carlsonbaby2014 - I love your idea with the zen music and reminding myself to be calm/in the moment!

@rubysi - what games do you like to play?  I don't play a lot, but DH loves it and I watch him play sometimes, it is such a good way to get lost in another world!

@megrae12 - I am right with you on the blankies!  I call it "getting cozy."  Hands down one of my favorite places to be is at home, nice and cozy with my sweats and blankies :)

Of course, we'd love to have you - welcome to the check-in!  This group will definitely help with accountability.  We post an accountability thread on Fridays to share about how we did and offer up support to one another.  I think your plan sounds spot on - have fun at the Y tonight!
  • Options
    QuigleyCat1QuigleyCat1 member
    edited December 2013

The Good:  I got my new running shoes this weekend. Brooks Adrenaline. 

The Bad: I ate way to much junk and way to much period over Christmas!

The Proud: I got back to my couch to 5K today since my knee is feeling much better. I decided to redo Week 6 to get back into it and did real well today.

The Plan: Tomorrow I will do Week 6 Day 2 and Friday Week 6 Day 3.  Getting back to the healthier eating starting NOW! :)

ETA: QOTD: A nice, hot shower destresses me! And cuddling up with a blanket!

Lilypie - (dLe1)

***BFP 1-22-13, baby boy dx with Trisomy 13 at 15 weeks.

We let him go to Heaven on 4-27-13 at 17 weeks 1 day***

Lilypie - (AW2u)

Lilypie - (L84X)Lilypie - (D4Hj)

• Options
    Hi ladies, I'd like to join if I can. :)

THE GOOD: Not much I can think of, last week was really bad in terms of too much food and too much wine.
    THE BAD: See above, I have been eating SO much crappy food during the holidays.  It's horrible, I don't even want to weigh myself or look in the mirror.
    THE PROUD: I went to the gym this morning and took a class that seriously kicked my butt!
    THE PLAN: I will go to the gym at least 3 days a week (hopefully more).

A glass (or more) of wine.  Although I know this isn't really helpful in trying to be healthier or losing weight.  :-/

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 | DD born July 2012
    BFP #2 | EDD 04.18.14 | D&C 10.01.13 @ 11w3d
    BFP #3 | EDD 09.15.14
  • Options
    @QuigleyCat1 - yay yay yay for your knee feeling better!!!! 

@LM915 - Welcome!  We'd love to have you join us :).  Way to get out to the gym already today *high five*.  What days do you think will work best for you to go to the gym?  Mine are Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday.
  • Options
    @QuigleyCat1 - yay yay yay for your knee feeling better!!!! 

@LM915 - Welcome!  We'd love to have you join us :).  Way to get out to the gym already today *high five*.  What days do you think will work best for you to go to the gym?  Mine are Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday.
    Thanks!  This week I am planning to go Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday :).

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 | DD born July 2012
    BFP #2 | EDD 04.18.14 | D&C 10.01.13 @ 11w3d
    BFP #3 | EDD 09.15.14
  • Options
    Cheekers2010Cheekers2010 member
    edited December 2013
    THE GOOD: I ran 2.5 miles yesterday at my fastest time of about 10 min 45 sec/mile.  I know that's slow, but I am not a natural runner.  I'm a plodder who does it because it's good for me. 
    THE BAD: I ate like a idiot on vacation last week.  I could quick kick myself, but it was so good.
    THE PROUD:  See the the AW about running. 
    THE PLAN:   Well, I leave for Maui on Wednesday for 7 days.  I am really just hoping to maintain more or less and return in about the same shape.  So, I plan on running at least 3-4 times while I am gone.  I also hope to eat lots of pineapple, coconut, macademia nuts and fish and not pig out too much.  I will be allowing myself some delicious tropical drinks!

QOTW:  How do you like to unwind after a crazy, busy, or stressful day?  I usually read or watch tv.  Oh, also...ZUMBA!

ETA:  ha ha.  Fixed funny typo
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    THE GOOD: I ran 2.5 miles yesterday at my fastest time of about 10 min 45 sec/mile.  I know that's slow, but I am not a natural runner.  I'm a plodder who does it because it's good for me. 
    THE BAD: I ate like a idiot on vacation last week.  I could quick myself, but it was so good.
    THE PLAN:   Well, I leave for Maui on Wednesday for 7 days.  I am really just hoping to maintain more or less and return in about the same shape.  So, I plan on running at least 3-4 times while I am gone.  I also hope to eat lots of pineapple, coconut, macademia nuts and fish and not pig out too much.  I will be allowing myself some delicious tropical drinks!

QOTW:  How do you like to unwind after a crazy, busy, or stressful day?  I usually read or watch tv.  Oh, also...ZUMBA!
    Way to go on the running!!!  I agree with you on going to zumba to help you unwind a little bit - I need to go more regularly, I love it!
    ETA: Have so much fun getting some R&R on your vacation!
  • Options
    THE BAD: I ate like a idiot on vacation last week.  I could quick myself, but it was so good.

Way to go on the running!!!  I agree with you on going to zumba to help you unwind a little bit - I need to go more regularly, I love it!
    ETA: Have so much fun getting some R&R on your vacation!
    I will! Thanks!  I hope you're feeling better soon.  And you have fun snowshoeing.  GL with the no vino. 
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

• Options

The Good:  I got my new running shoes this weekend. Brooks Adrenaline. 

The Bad: I ate way to much junk and way to much period over Christmas!

The Proud: I got back to my couch to 5K today since my knee is feeling much better. I decided to redo Week 6 to get back into it and did real well today.

The Plan: Tomorrow I will do Week 6 Day 2 and Friday Week 6 Day 3.  Getting back to the healthier eating starting NOW! :)

ETA: QOTD: A nice, hot shower destresses me! And cuddling up with a blanket!

Yay for the new shoes and better knee!
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

• Options
    Hi, looking forward to participating in this group. 

THE GOOD: DH and I worked out every day on our vacation to Florida. We mostly ran/walked, trying to get our endurance back, but one day we did the elliptical in the gym and another day we took a spin class. 

THE BAD: We drank, a lot! We had a drink by 1pm everyday on vacation, and several more each night. We are planning to cut way back after January 1 so we have still been splitting a bottle of wine each night since coming home...

THE PROUD: Proud of our vacation exercise. Despite eating out every night, I did not gain any weight. I am also back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I had gained about 6 pounds over the course of the 16 weeks. 

THE PLAN: We are benched until April, and then we are keeping ourselves benched until May. We are signed up for a half-marathon in the end of April. It's a race I have done lots of times in the past. So, since we are benched anyway, my goal is to get back into my running. We were in the same place, around the same time last year - benched after a loss, and I trained for the same race and ran a personal best time in the half-marathon. This year I want to beat last year's time...

@carlsonbaby2014, I also want to cut back on the wine and I will be trying to use this check-in to help keep me accountable. In the past when I was felt like I was drinking too much I quit cold turkey for a month or two. DH suggested that we aim to only drink one night a week. I think this is a good plan. That's our goal. That means no drinking during the week and drink either on Friday or Saturday, depending on what is going on.

Starting on January 1 of course! 
    (and drinking like a fish until then...)

QOTW:  How do you like to unwind after a crazy, busy, or stressful day

That's awesome how you worked out on vacation!  Great job.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

• Options
    The good: that I got a fit bit for Christmas
    The Bad: all of the food I have been eating
    The proud: I ran last week.
    the plan: to go vegan for a bit (starting Monday), get my steps (10,000) in, and exercise 3 times this week.

qotw: wine... Well at least until my FET on the 6th... After that it will be watching tv with some juice or sprite.
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• Options
    Ashris13 said:

The good: that I got a fit bit for Christmas

The Bad: all of the food I have been eating

The proud: I ran last week.

the plan: to go vegan for a bit (starting Monday), get my steps (10,000) in, and exercise 3 times this week.

qotw: wine... Well at least until my FET on the 6th... After that it will be watching tv with some juice or sprite.

I have a fitbit! You're gonna love it :)

I will officially check in later today from a real computer!!!

Me 35 / DH 36
    TTC since 09/2009
    Hashimoto's diagnosis 11/2011 / Endometriosis removal surgery 04/2013
    Other diagnosis: 1 mutation - PAI-1 gene
    BFP#1 9/27/2013  /  EDD 6/4/14  /  MC 10/17/2013
    BFP#2 3/4/14  /  EDD 11/13/14  /  CP
    BFP#3 6/7/14  / EDD 2/16/15  /  CP
    BFP #4 11/7/2014 / EDD 7/17/15  /  CP
    Current  Plan: Waiting to change RE... Appt on 1/16
    RXs: Metformin, Levothyroxin, Baby Aspirin, CoQ10, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Pre-natal. Progesterone post O.

imageimage
    ***Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

All Welcome

• Options
    @Megdowntheshore - Great job working out over vacation.  I love it that you and YH work out together!
    @Ashris13 - those are some great goals you have there.  Let us know how you like the fitbit!
  • Options

Hi Friends - sorry I'm late to the party...

THE GOOD:  Hmmm... Not sure here...
    THE BAD:  The amount of calories consumed + the little to no exercise in the last week + some evil type of virus.
    THE PROUD:  (crickets chirping unless you count cleaning out my makeup drawer and organizing)
    THE PLAN:  Start off tomorrow better... need to eat the right food (I have most of it fixed or planned) and I need to exercise, but I'm not sure if I should while I'm still not feeling well... We'll see what tomorrow holds.  

QOTW - reading, playing candy crush, walking the dog... I usually get home at 645 and go to bed at about 915 so not much time to wind down at all :-(

@megrae12 - I think I would have knocked your family member upside the head!!!! 

@carlsonbaby2014 - good for you to make a plan for no wine.  I always like having a glass, but often get migraines when I do :-(  We did buy too many bottles at Trader Joe's in KY this week though... so far I haven't cracked one open. 

@rubysi - congrats on losing weight over the holidays!  That's awesome!

@megdowntheshore - great plan on running another marathon - that goal will keep you on track for sure I think!  

@Cheekers2010 - to say I'm jealous about your vacay is a mild understatement!  Have an amazing time.

@LM915 - sounds like a good plan to me.  Welcome to the thread!

@QuigleyCat - I'm amazed you're at week 6... I somehow always stop at week 3 :-( 

Me 35 / DH 36
    TTC since 09/2009
    Hashimoto's diagnosis 11/2011 / Endometriosis removal surgery 04/2013
    Other diagnosis: 1 mutation - PAI-1 gene
    BFP#1 9/27/2013  /  EDD 6/4/14  /  MC 10/17/2013
    BFP#2 3/4/14  /  EDD 11/13/14  /  CP
    BFP#3 6/7/14  / EDD 2/16/15  /  CP
    BFP #4 11/7/2014 / EDD 7/17/15  /  CP
    Current  Plan: Waiting to change RE... Appt on 1/16
    RXs: Metformin, Levothyroxin, Baby Aspirin, CoQ10, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Pre-natal. Progesterone post O.

imageimage
    ***Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

All Welcome

• Options

Hi Friends - sorry I'm late to the party...

THE GOOD:  Hmmm... Not sure here...
    THE BAD:  The amount of calories consumed + the little to no exercise in the last week + some evil type of virus.
    THE PROUD:  (crickets chirping unless you count cleaning out my makeup drawer and organizing)
    THE PLAN:  Start off tomorrow better... need to eat the right food (I have most of it fixed or planned) and I need to exercise, but I'm not sure if I should while I'm still not feeling well... We'll see what tomorrow holds.  

QOTW - reading, playing candy crush, walking the dog... I usually get home at 645 and go to bed at about 915 so not much time to wind down at all :-(

@megrae12 - I think I would have knocked your family member upside the head!!!! 

@carlsonbaby2014 - good for you to make a plan for no wine.  I always like having a glass, but often get migraines when I do :-(  We did buy too many bottles at Trader Joe's in KY this week though... so far I haven't cracked one open. 

@rubysi - congrats on losing weight over the holidays!  That's awesome!

@megdowntheshore - great plan on running another marathon - that goal will keep you on track for sure I think!  

@Cheekers2010 - to say I'm jealous about your vacay is a mild understatement!  Have an amazing time.

@LM915 - sounds like a good plan to me.  Welcome to the thread!

@QuigleyCat - I'm amazed you're at week 6... I somehow always stop at week 3 :-( 

Thanks!  I am stressed out now but hopefully when I get on the plane, I can relax!  Hope you feel better.

Lilypie - (vGZN)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"