January 2014 Moms

If you have ever had your water broken by your doctor...

I see a lot of posts from women saying when their water broke they felt a snap or heard a loud sound.  I always think to myself, "Well, my water didn't break so that doesn't apply to me".  It just hit me that my water did break, it was just my doctor that did it.  But I definitely never heard or felt anything.  I was sitting up in the bed so I saw the water come out but there wasn't anything audible and no feeling other than I was nervous about that crochet hook going up my vag.

So, just out of curiosity- when your water was broken by your doctor, was there a sound or snap?  I'm just wondering if no sound means low fluid or something?  I feel like I must be missing something...

Re: If you have ever had your water broken by your doctor...

• When my water broke at home, I never heard anything, and I had Niagara Falls. But, I might have just woken up from that, not really sure, it was minutes before the alarm went off to start our day.

When the doctor broke my water the other 2 times, I never heard or felt anything besides warm water coming out, again like I peed myself in the worst way possible.
    ********************************************************************************************************

DS1 born 11/3/06   *   DS2 born 3/29/08   *   DD born 3/15/11  

Scarlett Mae born 1/14/14                         Our family is now complete!

• Nope, no sound for me just a gigantic gush.  There was no low fluid for this gal. 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

image  image

• Loading the player...
  • No sound for me when the doctor broke my water, either, and it felt like liquid was gushing out of there forever so it definitely wasn't a lack of fluid.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hmmm, well there goes that theory!  Thanks ladies!
  • I was sitting when I just felt something? Not a snap, more like I was going to pee my pants (I was sitting in a meeting at work). I made it about 10 steps before the big gush down my legs. But definitely no snap or pop!
  • KbrittonhartKbrittonhart member
    edited December 2013
    No sound... Just a warm flood of liquid
  • I have zero experience but I wonder ff the "pop" has more to do with the change in position. It seems a lot of people's water breaks when they go from sitting to standing or vice versa.

This makes more sense. Thanks!
  • Nope no sound just lots and lots of water.
    Alexis 9.1.06 * Jaxson 3.17.08 * Tessa 2.8.14

• My doc broke mine during my induction and didn't even mention that she was doing it until it was done.  Didn't feel anything until water started coming out and definitely didn't hear any sounds!
    Our Baby Girl, Emma, changed our lives forever when she was born 12-19-13 <3
  • Mine didn't pop and it was a slow leak at first and then a big gush hours later.
    Married 3/5/11
    BFP: 6/19/12, D&C 8/23/12
    BFP: 5/17/13, Born 12/16/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
    January Siggy Challenge: When I am done breastfeeding...

• I felt a pop and heard a snapping sound. I was lying in bed when it happened.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I didn't hear or feel anything, but when my former OB broke my water with DS, it was a slow trickle for about 30 minutes. He had to come back and try again to get my bag to fully break - and that was a huge gush, but still didn't feel anything.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ArrgcrArrgcr member
    edited January 2014
    I didn't hear anything but it was uncomfortable. And soooo much water.

ETA: I was at a 5 when the dr broke it.
  • Mine was broken while I was pushing, so it was kind of the last thing I was paying attention too.  But I did not have low fluid so I don't think there is much correlation there.

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• With 1st water broke at home. I felt a pop & then a Trickle. With #2 dr broke my water I felt her doing it but no pop or anything. Just a gush like I peed my pants
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No sound that I can remember. Just LOTS of water!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"