August 2014 Moms
Options

Low progesterone

I'm 7w6d.  I had some spotting at 5w7d, then again at 7w1d.  My ultrasound wasn't scheduled until 8w1d so my OB's nurse told me to go get some blood drawn the following day (last Friday) to check my levels.  I missed a call from the nurse on Friday evening but the voicemail said to call back Monday, so I figured everything must've been fine or they'd have told me to call the on-call.

I continued to spot on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (very little, always brown) but it stopped completely by Sunday night.  I had a few mild cramps, one felt comparable to a period-like cramp...  the rest were barely noticeable.

I called back on Monday but the nurse was occupied, so she didn't call me back until yesterday evening.  I figured again that they must not have found anything noteworthy on my lab work.

Turns out my hcg was fine but my progesterone was at 5.  At first the nurse said to go back this morning to get more blood drawn but then she changed her mind and said to just go in for an ultrasound.  My appointment is in 1.5 hours.  I spent a bunch of time Googling low progesterone last night until I finally had to force myself to quit because of the positive information wasn't reassuring me very much and the negative was making me extra anxious.  Now I'm trying to not think about anything until after the appointment, and just hope for the best, but it's hard!
Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Low progesterone

• Options
    Keep us posted and good luck! 5 is low, but if you're HcG is good you may likely go on pg supplements. I take them every night due to history of low prog. Fingers crossed for good u/s!
  • Options
    Thanks!  Everything looked great during the ultrasound!  They are going to hold off on drawing more blood until Thursday, and then they'll decide if I need progesterone supplements.
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also on progesterone supplements. Hopefully you don't need to do PIO shots, but the vag suppositories are easy! Just a tad messy. If you do PIO, I recommend lurking in the IF board... There are some good threads with advice on taking the shots.
    TTC #1 since August 2011 w/ unexplained IF
    09/12-11/13: 3 TIs, 3 IUIs, ICSI/PGS IVF & 2 FETs
    08/14: Our little miracle has FINALLY arrived - 3 years after we started trying!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"