November 2013 Moms

New Years plans/resolutions?

edited December 2013 in November 2013 Moms
What are all you lovely ladies planning on for New Years Eve/New Years Day? Any good resolutions you've thought of yet? We're spending New Years Eve for a party at my sisters, at which she'll probably find out I'm pregnant again when I don't drink haha. New Years Day I'm having everyone over to watch the Outback Bowl and have white chicken chili out of my new, massive crock pot! My resolutions include keeping up with my blogging better, reading one book a month, and letting go of some bitterness I have towards several things, including everything that went down in August. Happy New Year! ETA: I can't make paragraphs for some reason........sorry!

Re: New Years plans/resolutions?

• Plans:
    Going to the ILs' house.  They'll stay with the kids during naptime, so DH and I can go to the movies to see American Hustle.  We'll celebrate NYE with them (likely at 9:00pm PST) with a champagne toast, and a couple of movies.

NY Resolution:
    Lose the baby weight.  I gained way too much weight with DD.  Time to start kicking my ass back in shape.  
    Sell our house.  
    Pay off the cars.
    Take everyday photos of the kids again.  I slacked toward the end of my pregnancy, and need to pick it back up.  
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • NYE plans: We are staying at home. Maybe have a beer or two.

Resolutions: lose the baby weight and then like 5 more.
    Start to pay off my next school loan
    Complete my first graduate degree

• Loading the player...
  • What are all you lovely ladies planning on for New Years Eve/New Years Day? Any good resolutions you've thought of yet?

We're spending New Years Eve for a party at my sisters, at which she'll probably find out I'm pregnant again when I don't drink haha. New Years Day I'm having everyone over to watch the Outback Bowl and have white chicken chili out of my new, massive crock pot!

My resolutions include keeping up with my blogging better, reading one book a month, and letting go of some bitterness I have towards several things, including everything that went down in August.

Happy New Year!

ETA: I can't make paragraphs for some reason........sorry!

Irish twins? Holy cow, congratulations and good luck!

Plans: Probably just going to stay in with DH and baby girl, it's so crowded out.

2014 goals: be a good mommy and wifey. Nothing else matters :)
  • We are definitely staying at home; I'm enjoying the ability to sleep in since my parents are here and they're looking after the kids in the morning. Yes, we could go out, but I'd much rather sleep.

Resolution: more riding, losing more weight -- yeah, I know, everyone says that -- more career prospects and plastic surgery.
    photo bannernew_zpsfb1f0d0b.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Plans: going to my sisters (3 blocks away).

Resolution: finally decide to add on to my house or buy a new one. 1 bathroom and 5 of us is way too tight.
  • Plans: Leave DS with my mom for a little while and go out or stay home with mom and DS and DH.

Resolution: Lose baby weight and get healthy. Start planning for LO #2.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • NYE: Taking LO for his 58 day pics! :)  Every baby in our family has had 58 day pics (not sure how it started but we like to keep the traditions alive), pick DD up from daycare early and then hang out at home. 

Resolutions:  Get LO over the reflux enough to get him into daycare so I don't have to quit my job ...
  • Plans: Dinner out with friends (NYE is my birthday) then home for the night

Resolution: Budget better, figure out where we are spending our extra money.
    BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Plan: 6wk PP check up at 2pm, hopefully cleared for all activity (sex, exercise, etc)
    Have "NYE" party with the kids that'll end at 6 (like heck I'm letting them stay up)
    After kids are in bed a friend and I are going to another friends house for a BYOB party and I plan to get so very drunk... after all I'm bringing my own booze.

Resolutions: stop yelling (already working on that, haven't yelled at all today)
    Lose weight (yay I'm original)
    Do more intentional activities with the kids
    BFP #1 10/28/09 EDD 06/24/10- Miscarriage 11/2/09
    BFP #2 11/30/09 EDD 08/12/10- Sophia Grace born 8/1/10
    BFP #3 11/16/10 EDD 08/04/11- Samuel Richard born 7/28/11
    BFP #4 01/04/12 EDD 09/19/12- Simon Nathaniel born 9/6/12
    BFP #5 03/27/13 EDD 11/25/13- Savannah Lee born 11/18/13
  • We'll probably just hang out at home and watch some movies. DH hates champagne so we likely will toast with a couple microbrews.

As far as resolutions go, I hadn't thought about it. I'm trying to learn to let go of things. I need to relax more about the fact that I have very little control of the day to day stuff anymore.
  • Plans: going to my brothers party. Usually about 10-12 people. Nice and calm.

Resolutions: breast feed LO a year.
    Get in shape. Thanks to breast feeding I'm already where I wanna be weight wise. Just wanna firm everything up.
    Pay off my car.
  • Plans: having some family over for NYE. Mama got herself some champagne and alcohol testing strips for my Breastmilk.

I've joined WW again, and a mommy and me bootcamp to get my large self back into shape. I also want to stop arguing with my husband. Ever since LO was born we argue all the effing time. Mainly over nothing.

• I also want to be more present for Maggie.  I already catch myself playing on my phone while nursing or holding her, and I don't want that to become a habit.  I want her to know she comes first.  If she's sleeping, ok, but otherwise, I want to remember to focus on her.

This for me too. I am usually pretty good about having my phone away when I'm with my family but all the sitting and nursing...I've been using it too much and feel like I'm missing out on tiny, sweet moments.

• Plans:  Probably going out to dinner with DH early (around 5 ish to avoid the crazies) and then stay in with LO and DH.  My parents usually host "cousin night" with appetizers and snacks and all my cousins come over and play games.  If LO is over his cold we might go hang out with the cousins for a while.

Resolutions:  
    - Eat healthier/get back in shape (which is composed of 4 mini-resolutions- 1 for each quarter so I'm more motivated/it's more specific-- the first is drinking more water/drinking less soda)
    - Be better about sticking to the budget so we have more money to start paying our debt more aggressively 
    - I'm starting my own law practice this year, so getting that up and running successfully
  • Plans: Movies in the early afternoon (Anchorman or the Hobbit), then cooking dinner and hanging with DH and DD.

Resolutions:
    Lose weight (cliche I know)
    Work on this post partum anxiety/worrying
    Finish my doctoral degree (DNP), and maybe teach!
    -Jenn Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Plans: we are spending New Yesrs Eve at my in-laws, it'll be pretty chill and we'll hopefully be home before midnight!

Resolutions: I need to lose the last 20lbs of baby weight! The first 20 came off really easy with no effort and I was hoping the last 20 would as well but no such luck! I need to find time to work out a few times a week! My incentive to really get my butt into gear is a trip we are taking to Florida in one month!
  • NYE will be spent at my moms house. DH has a show to play (he's a DJ) and I'm not prepared to be away from LO for that long. Not to mention, I'd have to find somewhere to pump twice in the time I'm away from her.

Resolutions: I haven't really thought about it. I'd like to be more attentive to LO while playing and nursing. I get distracted easily.

I also want to get back in school and actually finish it. The birth of LO kind of put it on hold.

We need to stick to our budget better if we're ever going to get out of the in-laws house. Hopefully, taxes will help.
  • Thanks @Sing2phins!  I am hoping it goes smoothly.  I figured it was the best way to control my schedule/work part-timeish for the next couple years (we're planning on TTC again when DS is about 1- 1.5) while still making decent money.  
  • No plans here at all.  I'm trying to talk DH into taking the LO's to the duck pond or Mt. Brazil (lots of play areas for ODS).  Just depends on the weather though.  
    Tonight I may take a nap and then wake up right before midnight for my midnight kiss.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So, glad we aren't the only ones staying home.  My MIL is staying with us this week, so we will hang out with her.  She offered to babysit for us, so DH and I can go out.  But, I don't really want to go out.  I much rather stay at home with our LO.  I may have DH pick up a bottle of champaign or two on his way home from work.  

Resolutions: Buy a house!  That is our big goal for the year.  And like PP, I want to lose weight.  Oh, and to keep nursing as long as possible.   

• elrodaelroda member
    edited January 2014
    wedding06 said:

chill out on researching stuff. It just makes my anxiety worse.

Amen to this. This is a great resolution to make myself stick to!!
    imageimageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"