August 2014 Moms

Feeling gross/tired/etc.

I'm just over 8 weeks. Tell me I'm not the only one who just feels generally terrible and is having a hard time explaining HOW: extreme tiredness (can barely hold my body up for simple chores and errands) combined with overall discomfort and crabbiness. Almost like the feeling right before getting sick, when you don't want to do anything but crawl up into a ball and watch a movie. It's tougher since I'm not ready to spread the news to everyone. I'm ready for this supposed 2nd trimester energy! Any tips for how you made it through?!

Re: Feeling gross/tired/etc.

• ScauraScaura member
    edited December 2013
    Just remember, this too shall pass!  It is all temporary and even at the worst, it can only last another 7 months.  It likely won't however and you will be feeling better in a couple of weeks.  Drink, drink, drink and get plenty of protein; that does help.
    Laura
    Married to my Middle School Sweetheart Since 9-23-2000
    Dominic Riley 10-8-2003  Abigail Mackenzie 3-30-2007
    Excited to meet Baby Boy #3 in August, 2014
  • 8w5d here and I've spend the majority of the day in bed and just woke up from an hour nap... I hear ya.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image  image
    BFP 5/08/13 -- EDD 1/15/14 -- slow hb@7wks d&c 6/07/13
    BFP 8/12/13 -- EDD 4/20/14 -- no fetal pole @7wksnatural m/c 9/16/13, cytotec 10/17 & 10/22
    BFP 11/26/13 -- EDD 8/07/14 -- Born 7/24/14!
  • Loading the player...
  • Feeling like crap right there with you. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• 7 weeks and today has been the worst.  Nauseous for no reason, tired after sleeping a total of 10 hours yesterday, and feeling warm like I'm about to get sick.  This is my first time hearing that water is suppose to help so I go have a glass now.
  • Feeling like complete crap. Started at 6 weeks and I'm 8 1/2 weeks and it's progressed this week. It's all day. I get an hour break here or there but it creeps back in. I sleep on the couch and haven't be active which makes it worse because I just feel gross. Only got sick once, but it was after I took vitamins and they hit the back of my throat on the way down and made me gag. Mainly queasy and flu like all day, even if I wake up at 2 am to use the restroom, it's there. Hope you're feeling better soon! I can relate. Hugs.

P.S. Week 5, I was like "I feel so great, don't even feel pregnant, this is awesome!" My husband reminds me of that comment :)
  • I definitely agree about feeling like I'm about to get sick. This fatigue and general achyness is killing me! Thankfully the nausea has lessened and is here less than half the day, but it was full force from 6-9 weeks. I still only want to lay on the couch all day (working full time is like running a marathon most days), but I get out and walk the dog at least a half hour every day and that helps immensely. Like PPs mentioned, water and protein are life savers. You are not alone. I hope 2nd trimester brings relief!

TTC September 2013 | BFP 11/21/13 | Chart | EDD 8/3/14 | It's a girl! 

DD born at 42 weeks 1 day | 8/18/14 5:33am | 8lbs 4oz 20.25in of perfection!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I feel exactly like that too. I don't know how I made it though work.
    image  image image

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been taking naps and that is strange for me. I don't know if I should attribute my exhaustion to jet lag or to the pregnancy. I wish I had a bit more energy to walk around and enjoy my time off. I hope everyone gets out of their slump soon! *yawn*

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24

• I am with ya! Ugh. I am a teacher & go back to work tomorrow!!!! :/ I am going to need a nap at lunchtime!

• Feeling similar here...I slept until 2 today and just never feel like getting off the couch or out if bed. I feel like a bum.

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

FET #2 = DS Madden Jeffery <3 July 29, 2014 <3
  • Uggh. I'm feeling pretty gross today too. Just a constant state of feeling full/nauseous/gassy. I don't remember this at all with my 1st. I ate a sandwich the size of my head late last night for dinner, so I'm wondering if that's what has been causing the extreme symptoms today? I hope we all start feeling better soon.   
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Ugh ditto everything you and everyone said. I'm weirdly grateful for symptoms because they're reassuring but I honestly can't even stand for more than like 10 min at a time without needing to sit down. I constantly feel like I'm gonna vom but never do, and I'm too exhausted to even think. Oh and I'm beyond grumpy -_- I have no idea how I'm going to return to my internship on Monday, I'm seriously dreading it and it's stressing me out even more.
    Books.  Blogs.  Battlestar Galactica.  

Tiny Man 05/31/2012  I Tinier Man 07/28/2014
  • I feel the exact same way. I seriously wish I could go into hibernation for the rest of the winter. Drink lots of water, rest whenever you can. It will pass. Second trimester is better. 

• I am 6 weeks today and this is tge firsttime I have felt nauseous alllllll day. I woke up with my belly feeling very warm and my hands and feet feeling very cold. I eventually took multiple naps today wrapped in a robe and blanket with my belly exposed :(
  • Feel the same. Just told dh that I will go back to cooking dinner in 2 nd tri.
  • 8 weeks here and I feel hungover about 60% of my day.
  • I couldn't agree more! I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I spent my NYE asleep on the couch with my dog. My husband is great, but he doesn't get it. I go back to work tomorrow and I'm so worried. Over the holiday break I have been taking multiple naps a day...feeling nervous and kinda want to throw up all at the same time.
  • wow, it is actually a relief to hear that I am not the only one feeling like crap. I am 8w1d and spent my whole day on the couch (minus when I tried to stay upright long enough to cook dinner and take ornaments off the tree).
  • I feel bad complaining at all because my nausea has been completely under control, which might change I'm only 7 weeks today. But was getting worried with all these flu like symptoms, everyone at my job is sick so it's comforting I'm not getting sick just pregnant lol. Drinking water does help, I'm downing bottles of it like it's my life force.
  • Glad I'm not the only one!  I was completely useless today, and I took a 2 hour nap!  Work tomorrow should be interesting.  I have been having trouble finding my appetite too, I don't remember that from my first pregnancy.  Nothing sounds good to eat and I feel a little carsick a lot, but I haven't been in danger of puking yet, so that's something.  Here's to hoping it passes quickly for all of us.
    DD#1 - Born March 2011
    BFP #2 - Due Date 08/13/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"