Food Allergy

Baby food

I posted on another thread about how my 4-month old is only drinking about 24 ounces of Puramino formula today, while the pediatric gastric doc wanted her to get about 32 oz per day. She has suspected MSPI and silent reflux (she is also labeled failure to thrive). I called today and spoke to a nurse because I feel like I am force feeding this child, and they told me that 24 oz is ok, and I could start baby food to get more calories in her each day. They said to give her veggies then fruit. Of course, I didn't think to ask while I had her on the phone, but with my first child, I did rice, then oatmeal before the veggies. Why do you think they said to go directly to the food.....more nutrition? Also, they said to use Beech Nut, but when I went to the store and read the labels, Gerber didn't have anything in it that sounded like milk or soy. Is there a reason not to use Gerber? Our daycare provides Gerber, so it would be easier for me to use that, but obviously, if there's a reason Beech Nut is better, I would provide her food. I hate how I think of questions after I get off the phone. It took all day to get to talk to someone because this is a specially clinic, so I can't just pick up the phone and call her back like the pediatrician. Thanks for any advice!

Re: Baby food

• A lot of times Gerber messes with baby tummy when they have MSPI. So Beech Nut is a better choice. I used Beech nut with all three of my kids due to MSPI. Also a lot of people are skipping the rice cereal and going to oatmeal these days. Veggies has the good calories that rice cereal doesn't.

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• I've heard about hidden soy in Gerber baby foods/cereals.  I would go with an organic brand if that is feasible.  

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Lurker here: Is Gerber Organic alright?  When you read the label, there's nothing that I don't recognize.  We're experimenting with a dairy-free diet with our 1 yo to see if it'll help.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• RedCherry1109RedCherry1109 member
    edited December 2013

Gerber has Soy Lecithin in it and it can sometimes mess with baby's tummy. Each child is different, so you would probably have to do a trail run with your LO. @singlemom31

ETA: The organic is still organic soy lecithin in it. If you look at Gerber website it says it on there.

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"