July 2013 Moms
Options

Resolutions/Goals for 2014

Not sure if this was posted yet, I know there is one for our LOs. I looked back 7 pages and couldn't find one, so if this is a repeat please disregard. 

What do you want to change in 2014? What resolutions/goals do you have for yourself?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Resolutions/Goals for 2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @denverbride2005 same here with taking time for myself. All I ever do is through my hair up in a pony tail after my shower. I want to start feel better about myself again. I've been in a funk, I don't feel cute. I also want to dress cuter.

I want to get more naps in 2014 too. Since DS doesn't want to sleep at night, DH and I decided that we're going to give each other time for more naps. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Mine are traditional resolutions this year. Lose weight and exercise. I need to start looking after myself better than I have been.
  • Options
    I have some of the same as other people.

Need to start eating healthier and in small portions and incorporate more excerise into the week. I have been able to make it to my excerise class's about twice a week but that doesn't do shit when you are eating tons of cookies.

Need to make more time for myself.

Take a family vacation this summer.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Enjoy the moment. I have such a hard time just living in the moment and taking it in. I look at LO I'm like omgosh your almost 6months! Where did the time go!!
  • Options
    Mine are also kind of cliche:

1. I want to live in the moment more. I want to have fun with Ellie and DH. I want to let things be messy and without perfection. I want to choose fun over perfect.

2. We want to save the majority of my paycheck to build the house. We have worked it out so we will basically be living off of DH's pay and be saving mine.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Options

Definitely weight loss and trying to work out three days a week.

We also want/need to buy a new house.  Having my entire family stay with us over both holidays definitely confirmed this need.  However, I think I'm too overwhelmed by that to make it any sort of resolution yet. 

• Options
    I think one of my resolutions should be to turn the TV off more while I'm home with DD. I'm not really watching it, it's just for background noise. One of my goals is to find a job closer to our new house, possibly with shorter hours even if that means part time.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Options

Mamasighs said:

1. Take better care of my skin.
    2. Floss.
    3. Make time for my health (exercise, eating cleanly, etc)
    4. Set time aside time for H and me at least once a week. Not even a date night. Just No iPads, phones or TV.

DH and I did this over the past year, @mamasighs. It was awesome. We would talk or bake dessert together and eat it or play a game. After a few months, it got to the point where after Jack went to sleep, we would do this every night. It has changed some with Brynne but now that both kids are asleep by 8, we have time before I pass out and are starting back up again. At first we had to really make a point to put the time aside but it became second nature within a few weeks.
    I love this idea! We're always on our phones

• Options
    I really want to and need to lose weight and incorporate exercise into my life. I have gotten lazy. :(
  • Options
    Eat better, exercise, and lose the baby weight!
  • Options
    All I got is to be bikini ready by April or May.
  • Options
    Lose the baby weight of course :) Aside from that;
    1. Make sure to use tax refund to put a bigger dent in my student loans.
    2. Start actively looking for a job to start this summer.
    3. Start getting finances more organized since we plan on buying a second car in the summer.
    Married 12.20.2010
    BFP#1: 11.22.2012 EDD: 7.22.2013 DS Born 7.24.2013
    BFP#2: 11.26.2014 EDD: 7.25.2015 *chemical confirmed 12.08.14*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1. Lose weight and get healthy
    2. Find time for myself
    3. More sex
    4. Get organized
    5. TTC
    6. Travel more. Huge homebody

image image

BFP: 12/01/2012      EDD: 07/26/2013    Birthday: 07/25/2013 

• Options
    1. Lose weight - I am in two weddings this year and I wanted to cry when I saw the pics from the wedding I was in a month after giving birth.  gross. I feel like I ruined her group shots. 
    2. Be nicer to my husband.  I am horrendous some days.  Just short temper, tired of doing everything, and resentful that he is a SAHD when I want to be home with LO. 
    3. Spend more time with my mom.  I lost my dad a few years ago and it was awful. Having Liam made me think more about how my mom isn't going to always be around. While I appreciate her more than anything, I think sometimes I take her for granted and I want to stop that.
    4. Think less about what I should do re: baby, schedule, feeding, sleeping, etc. and do what feels right - ignore the judgy comments. 
    5. (i didn't know I had this many until I started typing) Be a better dog mom! Set aside time just for my first and second born furballs :)

Happy New Year Ladies!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I want a set of abs before my 30th birthday (July 8th) so I plan to lead a healthier lifestyle and I need to learn more patience with everything and everyone.
  • Options

1. Lose a few more pounds.
    2. Enjoy life more - quite worrying about the small stuff.
    3. Start reading more books to LO.
    4. Save more money.
    5. Find a new job.
    CaitlinEbbs25 I could have wrote your #2, I need to be nicer to my husband too.

• Options
    1.) Get organized
    2.) lose the baby weight by August
    3.) get back to running half marathon shape
    4.) improve time management

Bonus: 

• Options
    Mamasighs said:

4. Set time aside time for H and me at least once a week. Not even a date night. Just No iPads, phones or TV.

This is one of mine, too.

Also, the cliche eat healthier... Since we are doing BLW, it's a good excuse to cook more rather than get takeout.

I'd also like to run a half marathon (stealing @maryannespier's). I've done three in the past and I would love to get back in running shape. I have a nice jogging stroller that I need to put to good use.
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
  • Options
    I also have the usual lose weight, get fit goal. I just started insanity with the hubby yesterday. But more than that I want to be happy with myself and my body, and proud of what it has accomplished.

Also, patience, be more patient with DH and life in general.

• Options
    1. Start doing yoga
    2. Get my cute 6 pack back
    3. Be a better wife and mom than I was this year
    4. Eat healthier
  • Options
    @laurendag if you are interested in group yoga classes and have corepower yoga by you, they do a few free beginner classes a few times a week!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I have a lot of the same goals as most of you.

1) Try to exercise half as much as I did before LO was born. I'm getting in a good number of walks/hikes every week, but l need to get back to the weight machines and lose the flab.
    2) Be more affectionate with DH. That's taken a major nosedive since LO and I think it makes him feel really neglected.
    3) Make more mom friends.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yup, clichéville here, too

1. healthy meals (got a slow cooker for christmas)
    2. work out more (apt building has a gym, no excuses, really....sigh)
    3. finish my online course by april
    and then the small ones that can be so succinctly summed up by @valstulas' SLED :)
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Options
    1. Put up fresh paint throughout the entire house and hang pictures. Blank white walls =/= a home.
    2. Set up a home office and spend 8 hours a week working from home.
    3. Take a family vacation this summer.
    4. Continue to nurture DD's relationship with her cousins.
    5. Spend more quality time with DH.
    6. Do more volunteer/pro bono work.
  • Options

and I forgot

7. Get back to work on my flat cute vag.

How could I have forgotten?!?!

Kegels, GO!

And 1 and 2 and 3 and 4.
    And 1 and 2 and 3 and 4.
    And 1 and 2 and 3 and 4.
    And 1 and 2 and 3 and 4.

• Options
    1. Stop stressing/trying to make everything re: the baby perfect. Including obsessing over his sleep
    2. Set aside some time for me & my husband to reconnect (without cell phones is a great idea!)
    3. Start running again & run another half by the end of 2014
    4. Save money for a new house! :)
  • Options
    Oo, and finally get at least one date night
  • Options
    Like most...lose weight.  I would love to be able to fit back in to my wedding dress by our 10 anniversary in oct.  And be able to wear some cute hussy costume for halloween ;)

I also NEED to make more time for DD1.  Shes only little once...and the theory of 'tomorrow honey' will end up with lost time with her.

• Options
    To have more patience with dh. It occurred to me today that although he annoys the ever living sh*t out of me at times, my patients is probably a lot lower now with dd here, and MAYBE (maybe) I'm making it worse.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    I have another one:

In 2014 I'm going to make autocorrect my bitch..instead of the other way around.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Options
    I specific goals but in general:
    Eat better
    Move more
    Take more pride in appearance (dress in real clothes and put a little effort into hair and/or face)
    Love myself more so that DD in turn will learn to love herself
    Communicate issue with DH before I'm raging mad

There are so many... :(
    Our little Sweetpea 
    photo 62d4d618-8ee8-46d9-ae5d-705799d4d9da.jpg

BFP #1 04/27/12 | blighted ovum, m/c 05/30/12 @ ?? weeks, D&C 06/01/12 BFP #2 11/06/12 | DD born 07/10/13 BFP #3 10/07/13
  • Options
    ljs4117ljs4117 member
    edited December 2013
    Mamasighs said:
    1. Take better care of my skin. 2. Floss. 3. Make time for my health (exercise, eating cleanly, etc) 4. Set time aside time for H and me at least once a week. Not even a date night. Just No iPads, phones or TV.
    DH and I did this over the past year, @mamasighs. It was awesome. We would talk or bake dessert together and eat it or play a game. After a few months, it got to the point where after Jack went to sleep, we would do this every night. It has changed some with Brynne but now that both kids are asleep by 8, we have time before I pass out and are starting back up again. At first we had to really make a point to put the time aside but it became second nature within a few weeks.
    Good to know!  I'm really looking forward to actually talking to each other in just more than in passing, lol.
    @mamasighs and @lizabethann06 - love these ideas.  DH has the tv on literally at all times when he is home and it absolutely drives me insane and makes me feel like we aren't connected..  Also I'm in front of the computer too often when I need to be more attentive to him and to enjoy more time together when it's all three of us for once...

Thank you so much for bringing this up!

ETA:  And lizbethann I'm so glad you shared the effects of doing this.. I so want DH and I to spend more quality time without screens.  I realize he needs his time to unwind but I have a hard time staying satisfied in a relationship with little "quality time"
    Our little Sweetpea 
    photo 62d4d618-8ee8-46d9-ae5d-705799d4d9da.jpg

BFP #1 04/27/12 | blighted ovum, m/c 05/30/12 @ ?? weeks, D&C 06/01/12 BFP #2 11/06/12 | DD born 07/10/13 BFP #3 10/07/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"