April 2013 Moms

Are your parents still married??

melissad23melissad23 member
edited December 2013 in April 2013 Moms
I have a friend whose parents are going through some crap right now, so I was just curious what A13's looked like.
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Are your parents still married?? 137 votes

My parents are still married
60% 83 votes
My parents are divorced
28% 39 votes
My parents were never married
1% 2 votes
My parents are separated
0% 1 vote
SS
8% 12 votes

Re: Are your parents still married??

• My parents are still married...but going through a separation (on and off) stemming from my mom being here for 5 weeks when I was on bed rest with Mila and my dad decided he liked his "freedom".
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Mine had been married 44 years when my dad passed away 2 years ago.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Parents have been separated since I was 9 yrs old but did not officially go through a divorce.
    Anniversary
  • My parents were married for 19 years and divorced when I was 18.
  • Divorced when I was 23...Drugs being the main problem.
    Bradley Houston - 04.01.13
  • Mine were married 18 years until my mom died (I was 17). He's still in love with her and that's an issue for his current wife, but they've been together for 10 years.
    If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give 'em a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.-Douglas Adams
  • Mine were married for 20-something years until my mom passed away in 1999.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• My parents were married 13 years until they divorced when I was 18. My dad had another family on the low.

• Mine are still married after 34 years, they have went through a ton of rough patches that I'm surprised they did not separate at some point.  They have a 14 year age difference so I think that contributes sometimes.  But, they are still kicking it.
  • My parents divorced when I was 4. She got remarried and divorced. got engaged and broke it off. Got remarried and now hit a super rough patch. Hmmm do I win for the most dads? Lol ;)
  • My parents divorced when I was 8.
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My parents have been married for 36 years and have 8 kids. They have definitely had some rough spots but have always managed through.
  • My parent's divorced when I was in high school. They both remarried but my dad passed away shortly after getting remarried.

My in laws were high school sweethearts and still going strong. :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My parents met at 15 and married at 20 and have been married for almost 44 years.  I honestly cannot imagine what they'd do without each other -- they met so young that they practically grew up together.

DH's parents divorced when he was 9 or 10 and both are remarried.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • jthree said:

My parents divorced this year after 32 years of marriage. This was our first Holiday trying to figure everything out. It sucks. They were officially divorced a month after Jules was born, although they started everything while I was still pregnant. They just grew apart... And my mom holds grudges for 20 years for stupid things.

I'm so sorry. I'm sure the holidays were tough!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • knitfaced said:

My parents are still married...but going through a separation (on and off) stemming from my mom being here for 5 weeks when I was on bed rest with Mila and my dad decided he liked his "freedom".

WTF? I'm so sorry.

My feelings exactly... wtf. I can't even comprehend this...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My parents will be married 43 years in April.
  • knitfaced said:

My parents are still married...but going through a separation (on and off) stemming from my mom being here for 5 weeks when I was on bed rest with Mila and my dad decided he liked his "freedom".

WTF? I'm so sorry.

My feelings exactly... wtf. I can't even comprehend this...
    Yeah, he's going through such a typical midlife crisis. It's really annoying. They've been together since they were 18, so almost 40 years. I really hope he gets his shit together and realizes that he's been an ass before he does something permanent that I KNOW he'll regret.

• My mom was pregnant in high school and forced to marry the deadbeat dad. That lasted less than two years. Then she married my dad and they divorced after 17 years and two kids; I was 13. It was rough, and I don't enjoy the holidays like I would if we didn't have to split our time between three families. DHs parents have been together since high school.

• jthree said:
    My parents divorced this year after 32 years of marriage. This was our first Holiday trying to figure everything out. It sucks. They were officially divorced a month after Jules was born, although they started everything while I was still pregnant. They just grew apart... And my mom holds grudges for 20 years for stupid things.
    I'm so sorry. I'm sure the holidays were tough!
    Thanks! They were ok, we managed. I have 2 awesome brothers that I'm really close with so that helped a lot. My dad is seeing someone else so we did stuff with him the weekend before and with my mom on Christmas Day so she wouldn't be alone.

That's rough. Sorry you had to go through that this Christmas! 

• My parents will celebrate their 48th anniversary in February. A shotgun wedding that ended up working out ok! In laws have been married 34 years.

My brother got divorced after 16 years and his relationship with his ex is 500x better since the divorce than it had been the previous 10 years of their marriage. They even still celebrated holidays together until he started dating someone new. Crazy.
  • Dad is on his 3rd marriage but it's going well I think, mom is divorced twice as of this year. My mom's parents, however have been married over 50 years not that they haven't had their major issues.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My parents separated after 25 years of marriage when I was 19 and the divorce was finalized when I was 21.  My dad remarried 4 years ago.

My In laws have been married for over 40 years, and my MIL is super mean and disrespectful to my FIL.

I prefer my parents situation.... they still talk, we can have family get togethers with my Dad his wife and my Mom and everyone is pleasant and acts like adults.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

• My parents have been married 48 years (my siblings are 10+ years older than me. I was a happy accident :) ). My in-laws have been married 33 years. My FIL is a bit of a douche canoe though. Thankfully DH is more like his mom (while his brother is exactly like their dad. His poor poor wife).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 3 years ago this month my parents got divorced after 30 years married.  My dad remarried last January, they are both very happy.

imageimageimage
  • chgibeau said:
    My parents had a better relationship once they got divorced. Because then we could kick him out when he got annoying (aka drunk. he was an alcoholic).  They were best friends until he died 8 years after they got the divorce.  I remember one of my earliest memories is hoping and wishing that my parents would get a divorce. I had to have been around 5 or 6.

ETA: I was 14 when my mom told him she wanted a divorce. It was about 10 days before Christmas and was a day or two from their 16th wedding anniversary.

I have a similar experience, but there wasn't really a friendship after the divorce.  My parents divorced when I was 13, and my dad passed away from throat cancer almost 10 years ago (almost died from cirrosis years before).

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• My parents divorced when I was 8.

My mom has been married 4 times and my dad 3. SO also comes from a family of divorce.....hence why we haven't gotten married.
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My parents have been married 33 years and my in-laws for almost 40.

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mom and Dad just celebrated their 29th anniversary on Sunday! They're the most solid couple I know.
    Married July 3, 2009 | Furbaby Trevor July 15, 2009 | Furbaby Darcy May 15, 2010 | BFP August 14, 2012 | DD April 18, 2013
  • My parents were never even dating. They had me at 14 & 17. I was a one night stand oopsie LOL my mom and dad are great friends still and now that I turned out okay, we laugh about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My parents were never even dating. They had me at 14 & 17. I was a one night stand oopsie LOL my mom and dad are great friends still and now that I turned out okay, we laugh about it.

Holy crap! Now that's a birth story!!! :)
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"