October 2013 Moms

Close encounters of the NIP kind

edited December 2013 in October 2013 Moms
The other day we stopped in to visit some family (aunt, uncle, cousins) that live along the route we take from NY to TN. All our immediate family lives in western NY, so we were returning to TN from being up for Christmas.

We happened to pop in while they were having a party, and obviously DS needed to eat at one point. There were people there that I didn't know, so I wasn't about to pop a boob out in front of the whole party. Everyone was in the den, so I went in the front living room so I could have some privacy, but If anyone felt comfortable, they could come hang out with me. I had an infinity scarf on, so I knew I was being discreet. Apparently too discreet. Before I knew it, the entire party had moved to the front living room, including the people who I didn't know. So I'm already feeling a little weird, just bc I had never nursed in front of so many people before, and definitley not in front of anyone I didn't know.

My cousins husband arrived while I was nursing, and walked right up to me. He put his hand out to touch the baby and then pulled it back and said he was going to go wash his hands before he touched him. As he was putting his hand out I was thinking that I had no idea what to say or do in this situation! Do I just let him touch the baby and hope he doesn't pop off and flash everyone?! Haha!

My aunt then spoke up and said "well he's eating right now..." And he goes "oh... You're nursing??" He then turned around and practically ran out of the room! Haha!

Anyone else have any funny NIP stories?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Close encounters of the NIP kind

• Way to go Auntie!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I NIP everywhere!!! I love how many people who were sooo against it, are more on board with it now. Hungry baby > people's stupid opinions! 
  • Loading the player...
  • My MIL had no issue walking up and moving my cover aside to look at the baby while I was nursing. After the second time, I has to tell her that I was trying to hide my boob NOT show it to her. She was a bit miffed. Weirdo.
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• DH's crazy GMA kept telling me to come fix a plate at Christmas while I was nursing. She came over and tried to take DS away from me. *eye roll *
    Daniel ~ October 21, 2013

• jgslr said:

I NIP everywhere!!! I love how many people who were sooo against it, are more on board with it now. Hungry baby > people's stupid opinions! 

I've only chickened out once, it was a dh's Christmas luncheon. He's a federal agent and it's a very male (obvs) leaning lunch, and though it was casual, I felt odd and gave her a bottle instead. I will say though, seeing so many rough and tough law men ooh and ahh over our sweet little girl was adorable. She melted several hearts that day with her little smile.
    @jgslr DH is in law enforcement, and almost all his friends are too! They were so against it at first, and now they don't care! Loves it!!!
  • I have to say I almost always have a bottle when I'm out. I'm also almost always having a beer with dinner so I wouldn't want those judgey eyes on me anyway. I will say I was at a bachelorette party on Saturday I figured I would pump on the drive back but they insisted I come to the hotel after the bar. I was like "um ok I can butttt I'm overdue to pump". Besides the one who's had a baby these girls were blown away looking at me pumping. I mean it's understandable since I never saw my nipples in that light before either but also pretty comical since they were so wasted.
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• I nurse at work. My boss doesn't mind but it's kind of I when I need to help customers. Everyone has been very understanding so far though. I guess that's a benefit of working in a children's store. Most of our customers are mothers. I just figured out how to nurse in the mei tai so it should get easier.
  • I had a somewhat interesting NIP experience when we were out to dinner in Vail. So my FIL has been super uncomfortable about me nursing in front of him but IDGAF and he can leave the room if he wants.

Well apparently he's used to it now because as we're ordering our dinner my FIL announces to the waiter and about the whole damn restaurant well my grandson is already eating so he doesn't need to order anything. He was joking of course and I actually thought it was kind of cute because he announced it with a sort of pride. But geez does that man have a booming voice!
    Oct 13 April Siggy: Bunnies
    The 33 Most Important Bunny GIFs On The Internet

DS born on 9/30/13 from IVF #1.2!
      Lilypie - (xNS5)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"