Parenting

s/o Disney. Pick the park you would take a 3.5 y/o

BlueRidge8BlueRidge8 member
edited December 2013 in Parenting
So the in-laws are taking us to WDW in February and are covering the flights, hotel and park tickets (MERRY CHRISTMAS BLUERIDGE). Because of my work schedule, we can only do 2 days in the park, which is what we did last March.

Since they are paying for everything (including putting us up in the Grand Flo - thanks Winter room rates) we don't plan on getting Park Hopper passes, which is of course fine.

So Day 1 we'll do MK but I'm not sure what we should do for Day 2. I love Epcot, but do you think there's enough to entertain a 3.5 year old all day? I've never been a huge fan of HS, but it's been several years since I've been to it and maybe that's a better place for DD?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

s/o Disney. Pick the park you would take a 3.5 y/o 60 votes

just go to MK for two days
50% 30 votes
EPCOT
16% 10 votes
She'll love Hollywood Studios - give that a shot
13% 8 votes
Pay the difference for Park Hoppers
20% 12 votes

Re: s/o Disney. Pick the park you would take a 3.5 y/o

• I'd pick HS or a second day at MK.  At that age, I found there was very little for my kids at Epcot (beside Nemo, the breakfast with the princess, and the frozen characters are there now).  This last trip with an 8 and 6 year old, Epcot was a favorite.  At HS, my kids loved: the Disney Jr show and characters, Toy Story ride & characters, Honey I shrunk the kids playground (although its a PITA to keep up with your kids in there), all the shows (Mermaid, Beauty & the best, Muppets)...also all the Pixar characters are there. Personally I love the Aerosmith Rock and roll rollercoaster (my 8 year old just the height tho).  She'll just miss it but the Jedi training and ride are awesome too.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There's no SS...what about Animal Kingdom?

I'd still do MK 2 days, though, since they've added the 2nd castle and expanded Fantasyland.
  • Loading the player...
  • fredalina said:
    How much would park hopper be?
    +$34 per person per day.

• fredalina said:
    How much would park hopper be?
    +$34 per person per day.

For that price, with the GPs paying for everything else, I'd get the park hopper and keep your flexibility.
  • I'd do MK both days. Every time we've been to Disney, we've visited MK 2-3 times. Too much pressure and rushing trying to do MK all in one day;)
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • There's no SS...what about Animal Kingdom?

I'd still do MK 2 days, though, since they've added the 2nd castle and expanded Fantasyland.
    Oops, forgot to mention AK.

We did AK in March and DD was "meh" towards it. Mind you it was a peak week and we were lucky just to battle the crowd enough to get to the Nemo show.

The more I think about it, the more I think we'll do MK on day 1 and morning of Day 2 and we (not in laws) pay the difference for hoppers so we can visit HS and/or Epcot for afternoon/evening.

• I actually voted for Epcot because I think it's easier to meet the characters there as opposed to MK. But that depends if your LO is into that sort of thing. 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• If A is into princesses, Epcot is worth it for the character meals alone.  We did the Princess breakfast at the Akershus Royal Banquest Hall in Norway and it was amazing.  Every princess was there except for Jasmine and Rapunzel.  They all came around to the tables and led "princess processions" through the restaurant.  Ariel chose B to help lead one of the processions and it was the highlight of our trip!  Also, it was much easier for us to get reservations there as opposed to Cinderella's Royal Table at MK. 

Also, the food in general there was better at Epcot than anywhere else we visited, including the restaurants at our hotel adn Dowtown Disney.  We ate dinner in Mexico and their shrimp tacos were the best I've ever had.  And I wish I'd spent time there just with H because it's basically the only park that sells alcohol and it would have been fun to "country hop" and have some drinks there. 

If you decide to skip Epcot, I bet Hollywood Studios would be fun.  We didn't go adn I wish we had, I think B would have loved it.

We stayed at the GF as well, so let me know if you have any questions about that.  We loved it!  It was ridiculously nice and so convenient to all the parks!

• Epcot also has an awesome parade and fireworks.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • EVA116 said:

Epcot also has an awesome parade and fireworks.

Epcot does not current have a parade or fireworks. They have a nighttime show called "Illuminations" that takes place over the lake in the park.

Hollywood Studios has the far superior nighttime show in my opinion, called fantasmic. It is reminiscent of Fantasia and there are tons of Disney characters in it at the end.

• We did a morning at AK and then went to HS for the afternoon. HS was packed in the afternoon and the waits were out of control and all of the FPs were gone. We did go at a busy time of year though (last week.) I would do MK one day, morning MK/afternoon Epcot the other day. DD and I did Epcot one afternoon and had a great time! (She is 2.)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We are planning a disney trip in Oct and have already immediately ruled out Epcot. Heck I found that place boring as hell when I was 16 let alone 3.5. We are planning MK and Hollywood studios and maybe Animal Kingdom.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Animal Kingdom and MK.

• HS has the Disney Jr. Show and a lot of characters you won't see elsewhere. I also agree that Epcot has a lot of princesses and amazing food!

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• I suppose I would choose MK again, but we went to Epcot twice on our vacation and my kids still had a great time.  

In future world, there was Living with the Land, The Seas with Nemo,  Turtle Talk with Crush ( oh my DD love Turtle Talk),  Spaceship Earth and Epcot Character spot.  In fact, I would say that Epcot Character spot was one of the best character interactions we had of the whole trip.  We also took them to the Coca Cola thingy ( can't think of the name now) and tricked them into drinking the Beverly drink.  That was fun.

In the world showcase, there are two rides called Maelstrom and Gran Fiesta Tour.  DD had a great time going to every country's Kidcot Station and doing crafts, getting her passport stamped and the workers even wrote her name in their language.  Oh and one special thing we did was Pick a Pearl in Japan.  DD loved that.  
  • I'd say a 2nd MK day, but when we took DD for her 4th birthday, she said Epcot was her favorite park. She still enjoyed it at 6 and is expecting to enjoy it when we go in February for her 8th birthday.The Beast's castle in Magic Kingdom isn't forced perspective; there's a restaurant in it called "Be Our Guest" that's extremely difficult to get dinner reservations for, but you can also each lunch there as a quick service meal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"