Stay at Home Moms
Options

How are you spending the last day of 2013?

edited December 2013 in Stay at Home Moms
DD and I are walking down to the grocery store after her morning nap- I'm doing heavy appetizers for dinner tonight and we need just a few more things. DH is working a half day today, so we'll take a family walk around one of our state parks this afternoon. We are sort of having an open house tonight- just expecting a few drop-ins, so I have wine and champagne chilling, and I will start assembling snacks after our walk. I always make cinnamon rolls for NYD breakfast, so I will get those going as well. All in all, a pretty relaxed day. Hope you all enjoy the last of 2013!

Re: How are you spending the last day of 2013?

• Options
    I'm hanging with 2 sickly little boys. DH was supposed to have a half day today but scheduled something for 2 pm. I didn't say anything but I'm kinda annoyed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Going to the indoor playground and the grocery store.  DH and I had reservations for dinner tonight but both sets of grandparents are sick and the 2 babysitters we know are busy so it looks like DD may be coming to dinner with us.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Staying home, feeling nauseous. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Going to advanced auto to get fix a flat bc DH woke up to a flat tire so he had to take the stinking gas guzzler. Wah. Then coming home and prepping dinner (potato soup) while DD naps.
  • Options
    Went to the gym then the park- just got home. Time for lunch, then a nap for z while I clean the house and cook. DH is working until 9 or so. Hope everyone has a happy safe new year!! :)
  • Options
    DH's still off on his holiday vacation time, so we're getting things done. Today we're running errands all over town and finishing with a drink at Starbucks courtesy of a Starbucks card DH got for Christmas... and then this afternoon we're heading to my parents to our traditional New Years Eve meal, but we'll be coming home around DD's bedtime and staying home during the night (like the homebodies we are). 

Tomorrow we're de-Christmas-ing our house - taking down the tree/lights/decorations and tidying this place up.... It's funny, I can't get the Christmas tree up quick enough, but the DAY after Christmas I can barely stand it a moment longer, haha. Then in the afternoon we're going on a hike along the gorge. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Dd had her best speech therapy visit of all time so starting the day off on a high note. :) dropping the kids off at my moms for a bit to go to the liquor store/grocery store then coming home and cooking for our party tonight.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just took the Christmas decorations down. When DH gets home he will take the tree out. I plan to touch up paint in the living room, run to home depot and target, and prep for buying new living room furniture tomorrow! I can hardly wait!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    A play date for DD, where we will count down to noon lol! Making some cheesecake for tonight. My bff's dad passed this morning, so we will take her some cheesecake and visit. Then tomorrow my family for brunch.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Laundry, Baking cookies and just lounging around. 
  • Options
    DH is working until 10 tonight, so DS and I are just lounging around the house today. Im going to finish putting our Christmas decorations away and get this house straightened up from the complete disarray it is in thanks to the holidays. I also might run to Michaels for some crafting things and possibly the mall.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ANGELS ARE GIVEN WINGS AND TAKEN BACK TOO SOON --- We love and miss you soo much Kacie Rae --- 9/11/10 --- born sleeping at 29wks2d
  • Options
    Laying low, trying to recover from the Christmas/birthday/anniversary craziness. Really hoping DH decides to work just a half day and come home early.
  • Options
    DH has today off and is doing a 2013 back up of our computer. I got my butt kicked at boot camp this morning (cardio intense class today). Don't get me wrong, I love class when it is extra difficult but I am tired now. I tidied up the house this morning and ran some errands already. I plan on doing very little from here on out - maybe prepping for the start of a few resolutions, but that is it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We where going to have a party for Dh b-day but everyone is sick so have to do is on Saturday.
  • Options
    Our playdate was cancelled, so we met DH at his office and all went out to lunch. Then we hit up Target. Tonight will be quiet for us.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• Options
    I had a doctors appointment and then
    took DD to the mall to ride the carousel and get ice cream. She had a blast. I'm also doing appetizers for dinner but it will only take a few minutes to prepare. I bought them all ready made/frozen
  • Options
    We went to Target this morning to get some clearance stuff. I couldn't resist the .70 Justin Beiber wrapping paper, lol!

We're making breakfast for dinner tonight, then DH and I will probably watch the ball drop at 10 pm. We're boring...

It didn't even occur to me that it was NYE until DH mentioned it this morning.
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Options
    All still in pjs. DH took N to the bank (drive thru) with him (in pjs - judge away) in hopes he'll nap in the car. C is attached to a boob asleep. I did a bit of sewing this morning. Our xmas decorations are half put away. The house needs cleaned. We have exciting plans of putting the kids to bed early, having "alone time", and going to bed early ourselves. :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"