May 2013 Moms
Options

I have been awake for twenty-seven hours :( :( :(

I feel like I am going to die. I realize that's a bit dramatic, but I am SO tired.

We've been having major issues getting LO to go to sleep at night and I'm suffering along with so many of you, getting a few hours of broken sleep every night, it's killing me.

DH is home with the kids during the holiday break, daycare and DD1's school are closed. Yesterday, he let LO sleep for FIVE hours. I nursed her before leaving for work, he fed her solids a couple hours later and a bottle an hour after that and then she napped for five hours, skipping a bottle completely. So....she basically did not go to sleep last night and nursed all.night.long last night. This isn't the first time he has let her do this, and I've tried to explain reverse cycling to him and just the simple fact that if a person sleeps 5 hours during the day, they most likely are not going to need much sleep at night, but he apparently doesn't get it. Meanwhile, he got about 7.5 hours of unbroken sleep by my count. He did try for 2 hours to get her to sleep before that, but eventually I just told him there was no point in both of us being up, since I am the food source...so it's not entirely his fault that I got no sleep.

Thanks for listening to my rant. DH is a very good dad, he does just as much as I do when it comes to parenting...but this is ridiculous and I have got to get some sleep. 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: I have been awake for twenty-seven hours :( :( :(

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Boo0512...I don't know :( I am so irritated with him this morning, that's for sure. He woke up not long ago and said "why don't I make breakfast and then you can go take a nap" and I snapped at him that I don't need a "nap" I need a whole freaking night of sleep and let him know I felt this was all his fault. Which was not at all polite, or productive. I'm not at my best this morning, that's for sure.
  • Options
    JoJo716 said:
    I am sorry! That sucks. Are you at work today? If so, you should totally sleep under your desk George Costanza style. I hope you get sleep soon!
    Haha!! No, thank goodness, I am off today. I went to work yesterday on like 4 hours of sleep. Survived only by a caramel mocha from McDonalds. I think that's why I feel so awful now, I've had 4 hours of sleep in like 2 days.
  • Options
    Ugh that's so annoying. I'm right there with you. I think R started his next wonder leap early because last night I think he slept 2 hours. He would sleep 15-20 mins then up fussing and crying for 30, then back down for 15. All night long. I work from home so I do the night shift but since DH has tomorrow off it's his turn, extra BM is already pumped. I'd make your DH take tonight too.
  • Options
    @emmy236, I plan to! I have only a little bit in the freezer, but he might just have to dip into it. I need to get that wonder leap app.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    @Boo0512...I don't know :( I am so irritated with him this morning, that's for sure. He woke up not long ago and said "why don't I make breakfast and then you can go take a nap" and I snapped at him that I don't need a "nap" I need a whole freaking night of sleep and let him know I felt this was all his fault. Which was not at all polite, or productive. I'm not at my best this morning, that's for sure.
    I pretty regularly blame DH every time LO doesn't sleep.  It is gotten to the point now where even I know I am being ridiculous and we are kind of making a joke out of it but I am cranky and seem to need blame someone and I can't blame LO.

But in any case, 27 hours is too long..and isn't healthy...I really hope you can get some sleep.
  • Options
    Thanks for commiserating with me everyone. I did take a 3 hour nap just now, so I don't feel like so much of a zombie!
  • Options
    Men tsk! I hope you get some sleep tonight. Definitely take him up on that nap. I would be having a 5 hour one for sure.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"