Trouble TTC

*~* Weight loss/Getting Healthy Check In *~*

Sorry for the late post, I was on vacation all last week and haven't been bumping at all.
I hope everyone had great Holidays!!  How did it go for everybody?  I'm hoping everyone got to splurge at least a little!!

If you are new to the check in feel free to share some info about you:
  1.     What is your weight loss/get healthy goal?
  2.     What method are you using to help reach your goal?
  3.     What is your biggest weakness that you just can't resist?
QOTW: What New Years Resolutions are you planning on making?  Also, do you have any fun plans for New Years?
Ba hahahaha!

Me-30 DH-34
2002- Diagnosed with PCOS at 18
10/11-10/12 - tried to conceive naturally with Metformin, due to PCOS never had a cycle
10/12-12/12 3 cycles of Clomid - fail
6/13- 1st cycle on Clomid 50mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel- BFN
7/13 2nd cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel 1st IUI - BFN
8/13 3rd cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel 2nd IUI - BFN
9/13 4th cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel - Benched with Cysts
From 12/13 to current I have ovulated 4 times naturally
Currently on break to get healthy.... 35 pounds down, 13 to go!
All Are Welcome!!

Re: *~* Weight loss/Getting Healthy Check In *~*

• Hey everyone!  I had a pretty awesome week last week.  We were very busy so it was hard to eat healthy because we were always on the go.  I did gain about 2 pounds, but it was nice to just enjoy food and not worry about what I was eating.  Sometimes I feel like food controls my life.  Between food and IF I feel like I have no control at all!  I did get a fit bit for Christmas.  I thought it was funny because you ladies were just talking about them, and I didn't even ask for it.  My mom got us both the Zip.  DH likes it, but I haven't opened mine yet.  I was hoping for one of the wrist ones, but since I didn't ask for one I can't be disappointed.  Maybe I will ask for an upgrade for my birthday!

QOTW: We are having a small party at our house for New Years... should be a fun drunkin time!  My resolutions will be to increase my activity.  I would like to use my fit bit and each week try to improve my results.  I would also like to work on having a more positive outlook.  Going through IF is so draining on your soul.  Being on a break for the past few months has really made me feel so relieved and happy again.  I am hoping that once we start treatments back I can work on being happy and positive.
    Ba hahahaha!

Me-30 DH-34
    10/11-10/12 - tried to conceive naturally with Metformin, due to PCOS never had a cycle
    9/13 4th cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel - Benched with Cysts
    All Are Welcome!!

• I lost the battle to be good, as well.  But at least we walked around the city a lot, and my clothes aren't super tight.  I still have a couple of birthday and New Years parties to get through, and I'm actually excited to eat vegetables and salads later in the week!  I never say that.

I have a couple of resolutions, but one is to start juicing again.  Gives me a lot more energy. 

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
  • Loading the player...
  • ttuprincessttuprincess member
    edited December 2013

Hello, ladies. 

I really slacked on my food the last couple of weeks too.  I have kept up my gym time though and even had an extra session with my trainer this weekend to make up for the time I will miss on New Years.  I am sure I have gained a pound or two but I am not stressing over it.  I am using some of my christmas money to keep going with my trainer which will be nice.  He really pushes me to stay on track. 

QOTW:  My husband turns 40 today!  So tomorrow (New Years Eve) we are going to Oklahoma City and have great tickets to the Thunder game (NBA).  We have dinner reservations at his favorite steak house, a limo to the game (the restaurant has a free limo service to and from the game) and a fancy hotel room downtown.  Then on New Years Day we are having a suprise birthday lunch with a bunch of our friends from law school.  It will be SO fun!  I cannot wait. 

As for resolutions, I don't usually make them.  2014 will be a make or break year for me on the TTC front.  If we are not KU by Sept/Oct we have to start worrying about my endo becoming a problem again so we would have to look at another lap and possibly more Lupron.  DH and I have decided we will not do all of that over again so if we are not KU by then, we will look at adoption or living child free.  SO, I guess that is my way of saying my resolution this year is to accept whatever this year brings.    

**************SIGGY WARNING**************

BLOG

Me 32 :: DH 41

TTC since November, 2011

DH's SA : Excellent

Lap and Hysteroscopy June 2012

DX: PCOS, Stage III Endo, slight Adenomyosis, blocked tube, and probable LPD

Treatments:  6 Months Lupron Depot injections; 1500 mg metformin; 3 cycles of Clomid + TI = BFN

3 endometrial biopsies all were "out of phase" 

September - December, 2013:  Break to lose weight and get healthy

40 lb weight loss but still not ovulating "in phase"  

February - March 2014: bcps + follistim + trigger + TI = BFP

Beta #1 (12dpo): 30; Beta #2 (18dpo): 500; Beta #3 (25dpo): 7,000!!! 

1st u/s 4/16: One beautiful hb at 144 bmp 

2nd u/s 4/29: hb at 166 bmp.  Graduated from RE!!

TEAM PINK! 

Baby girl arrived on Thanksgiving day weighing 7lbs 6oz and measuring 20 inches

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Hi ladies.

I'm down two pounds from my RE appointment, so I'm pretty happy.  I've been sick with a week long stomach bug so I'm sure that's why I'm down so much weight in a week.  I just signed up for Weight Watchers this morning and I'm pretty excited.  I would like to lose about five pounds by my next RE appointment at the end of January (where we discuss treatment and test results). 

My hubby and I do not have plans for NYE.  I think that we might make a nice dinner at home and stay in.  We'll probably be asleep before midnight.
    Married on October 20, 2012.  Began trying in January 2013.
    RE appointment & testing December 2013 - February 2014= Unexplained IF, possible endometriosis
    IUI#1- March 22 (100mg clomid, 75 mg of Bravelle, Ovidrel trigger) = BFP!!!

• @ttuprincess that is so awesome!  Sounds like an awesome few days!  Hearing you talk about a trainer really makes me want to invest in one.  I wish I lived closer to a gym. 
    @candacec1020 congrats on the weight watchers.  Are you going to meetings or online only?  I've been doing WW for a while now, it is a great program... good luck!
    Ba hahahaha!

Me-30 DH-34
    All Are Welcome!!

• Hi ladies, I am new to this check-in but after the holidays, well, I need it.  ;) My current goal is to lose about 15 lbs. I need to increase my exercise and stick with my food plan (avoiding sugar and grains, eating mostly meat and vegetables). 

I have to work until midnight on NYE, so no fun plans here. I have the next day off at least. My resolutions are to increase activity and avoid junk food! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Me:35, blocked left tube, RPL, AMA  DH: 34, low morph & borderline count
    TTC since 8/2012
    1st ever BFP 11/4/13 - CP 11/6 @ 4w4d
    12/2013: 50 mg Clomid + trigger + IUI TI + progesterone = BFN (all follies on left side)
    1/2014: 50 mg Clomid + trigger + IUI #1 + progesterone = BFP!
    Beta #1 14 dpIUI = 51 Beta #2 16 dpIUI = 144 Beta #3 19 dpIUI = 354
    U/S @ 6w1d = empty gestational sac. Heartbroken :( D&C 2/22/14
    ~Mental Health Break~
    6/2014: Clomid + ASA 81 mg + trigger + IUI #2 + progesterone = BFN
    7/2014: Clomid + ASA + trigger + IUI #3 + progesterone = CP
    ~Mental Health Break #2~
    1/2015: IVF #1 - please be our rainbow baby!
  • @home2bmom83 - I joined online.  I want to see how the first few weeks go and if I can maintain the strength to keep up with this and not go to meetings.  I have been to meetings before and I found them to be very helpful.  Are you online or going to meetings?
    Married on October 20, 2012.  Began trying in January 2013.
    RE appointment & testing December 2013 - February 2014= Unexplained IF, possible endometriosis
    IUI#1- March 22 (100mg clomid, 75 mg of Bravelle, Ovidrel trigger) = BFP!!!

• @home2bmom83 - I joined online.  I want to see how the first few weeks go and if I can maintain the strength to keep up with this and not go to meetings.  I have been to meetings before and I found them to be very helpful.  Are you online or going to meetings?
    I did online most of the year.  I always find that once I allow my self to cheat once and I still lose then I start doing it alot!  So once I got to the point where I was cheating all the time (cheating meaning not tracking the bad foods) we started going back to meetings.  I do find it helpful, mostly because I hate weighing in when I have gained so it makes me stick to it better.  I also get awesome tips as i'm sure you know!  Good Luck to you, it is a great program, but only as good as you sticking to it!
    Ba hahahaha!

Me-30 DH-34
    All Are Welcome!!

• I had a low key holiday season so I didn't go crazy with the food. I haven't been going to the gym this week. I also have been avoiding the scale, I'm going to weigh myself on the 1st, I think I've been maintaining.

QOTW: No fun New Years plans, I have to work until 10pm tomorrow. As for resolutions, I would like to improve on my health/fitness goals and habits that I started this year. Aside from that I haven't thought seriously about any more resolutions.
    BabyFruit Ticker'>*
    TTC #1 since January 2012  Dx: Unexplained infertility & hypothyroidism 
    8/13 BFP!    EDD:  April 25, 2014
  • @hope2Bmom83 -- Honestly, the trainer is some of the best money I have spent.  I need that push and he gives it to me.  He helps me vary up my workouts so I keep the muscle confusion going and get a greater fat burn.  Some people are super motivated and can do it on their own, but I am not one of those people.  I owe so much of my weight loss success to him. 

If you are interested you should check into it.  I do small group training (most of the time) so it is a lot cheaper than one-on-one sessions.  I save those for times like this weekend where I really need some intense training. 

You have done so awesome on your own though so you may be one of "those" people.  :)  I wish I had more self motivation. 

**************SIGGY WARNING**************

BLOG

Me 32 :: DH 41

TTC since November, 2011

DH's SA : Excellent

Lap and Hysteroscopy June 2012

DX: PCOS, Stage III Endo, slight Adenomyosis, blocked tube, and probable LPD

Treatments:  6 Months Lupron Depot injections; 1500 mg metformin; 3 cycles of Clomid + TI = BFN

3 endometrial biopsies all were "out of phase" 

September - December, 2013:  Break to lose weight and get healthy

40 lb weight loss but still not ovulating "in phase"  

February - March 2014: bcps + follistim + trigger + TI = BFP

Beta #1 (12dpo): 30; Beta #2 (18dpo): 500; Beta #3 (25dpo): 7,000!!! 

1st u/s 4/16: One beautiful hb at 144 bmp 

2nd u/s 4/29: hb at 166 bmp.  Graduated from RE!!

TEAM PINK! 

Baby girl arrived on Thanksgiving day weighing 7lbs 6oz and measuring 20 inches

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @ttuprincess I am 100% NOT one of those people lol.  Me and a coworker/friend had a weight loss competition that lasted from 10/1/13-12/31/13 and the greatest % of weight loss won the pot, we each put in $60.  I won yay me, but I celebrated by getting a big fat burger and fries from McDonalds :(  Also, I did so bad at the holidays that my over all weight loss wasn't as impressive as it could have been.   You know you have me thinking, maybe I will do it, at least a few months until we start treatments again.  Yay, thanks!
    Ba hahahaha!

Me-30 DH-34
    All Are Welcome!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"