Parenting
Options

Talk to me about your beauty products

Ladies, and dudes too if ya use them, tell me about your fave beauty products.

I'm in a beauty rut. I need new stuff.

What's your fave...
Shampoo?
Conditioner?
Wrinkle cream/face cream?
Facial cleanser?

What's given you great results? Can't spend a ton, but am willing to invest in good products.
Lilypie - (KNqh)

Re: Talk to me about your beauty products

• Options

I am on a budget, so I buy almost everything from the drugstore.

Right now, I am using Suave shampoo and conditioner.  I use the Moroccan oil infused products-- I am sure they aren't as good as the "real" Moroccan oil hair produts, but my hair has been noticably shinier.  Plus it smells really yummy.

I use Olay foaming face cleanser in the morning and Pond's cream cleanser at night to take off my makeup/ clean my face.

My favorite all over face/neck cream is Olay's firming night cream-- but I use it for day 'cause I am crazy like that.

At night, I use Physician's Formula under eye cream.

One of my favorite "beauty" products though has been the vitamin Biotin.  It was reccomended to me by my OB after Josie was born becuase my hair had been falling out in clumps.  It's make my hair feel thicker, grow faster and it has made my nails super strong and really pretty.

I am looking forward to reading the other responses too-- I am always loking for new beauty loot.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    Shampoo? Honestly, I've done an array of salon shampoos but I'm really happy with Fructis Sleek and Shine right now

Conditioner? I use that Aragan oil stuff.

Wrinkle cream/face cream? Clinique Turnaround

Facial cleanser? Clinique foaming facial cleanser and Clinique liquid facial soap.

Mom had me at the Clinique counter when I was 12 and I've never been let down by them as far as skin care. I also use their foundation, powder, eye liner (I once tried Covergirl for this and my eyes watered and turned red until I got it off), blush and lipstick.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Shampoo and Conditioner: L'Oreal Everpure

Facial Cleanser: water, seriously, my skin is way too sensitive for anything.

Face cream: raw coconut oil. I started using it several weeks ago and my skin looks the best that it has ever looked. I am 36 and my skin looks younger every single day.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    MrsT0514MrsT0514 member
    edited December 2013

What's your fave...
    Shampoo? Loreal EverPure sulfate-free shampoo for color-treated hair
    Conditioner? Same brand as above, matching conditioner
    Wrinkle cream/face cream? Bare Minerals Purely Nourishing Face Cream
    Facial cleanser? Bare Minerals Purely Nourishing face cleanser for combination skin (also comes in a formula for oily or dry skin...the combo formula is the happy medium)/ BM Intensive Glow cleansing pads

What's given you great results? Honestly, since I started using Bare Minerals face cleanser/lotion/cleansing glow pads, my complexion has gotten much clearer and has a smoother appearance.

• Options

Face cream: raw coconut oil. I started using it several weeks ago and my skin looks the best that it has ever looked. I am 36 and my skin looks younger every single day.

Ohhh I'm very interested in the coconut oil. Does it help with wrinkles? Do you use it on your hair too?
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Options

Ohhh I'm very interested in the coconut oil. Does it help with wrinkles? Do you use it on your hair too?

It does. I am Irish and have fair skin with freckles that is super sensitive and I have been noticing tiny little wrinkles starting around my eyes and on my forehead. They have been getting less and less noticeable by the day.

I added a tsp to my conditioner and I have noticed that my hair is easier to tame (long wavy hair here). I also use it to remove make-up, as a scalp treatment once a month and I use it for my daughter's eczema.

It pretty amazing stuff. Here is more info: https://www.realfarmacy.com/countless-uses-for-coconut-oil-the-simple-the-strange-and-the-downright-odd/

I get it at Trader Joes, cause it is a lot cheaper than the organic at regular supermarkets.

• Options

It does. I am Irish and have fair skin with freckles that is super sensitive and I have been noticing tiny little wrinkles starting around my eyes and on my forehead. They have been getting less and less noticeable by the day.

I added a tsp to my conditioner and I have noticed that my hair is easier to tame (long wavy hair here). I also use it to remove make-up, as a scalp treatment once a month and I use it for my daughter's eczema.

It pretty amazing stuff. Here is more info: https://www.realfarmacy.com/countless-uses-for-coconut-oil-the-simple-the-strange-and-the-downright-odd/

I get it at Trader Joes, cause it is a lot cheaper than the organic at regular supermarkets.

This is awesome. I think Wegmans has it, so I'll look next time I'm there. Thanks! :)

Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Options
    Long time lurker... but I saw this on the Dr Oz show and decided to try it out. Its worked better than clinique or origins, and its super cheap. I'm not sure if you can get it in the store but its pretty cheap on amazon. I have very oily skin so I'm super picky... I still use origins lotion for oily skin...

• Options
    I usually use Giovanni or Organix on the hair, Jason's and Burt's Bees on the face/body. 
    H got me some Keihl's for Christmas though, and now I'm hooked. It's only been a few days and my face looks awesome, even with no makeup. 
    I can do almost any kind of makeup, but I do love Everyday Minerals, mostly because of the free sample kit :) 
    image       image

• Options

Shampoo/Conditioner? No comment, still looking for one.

Wrinkle cream/face cream = Origins Plantscriptions cream and Starting Over moisturizer has been helping my dry, aging, acne prone skin for two years now. Plus the Origins GinZing eye cream made people say I didn't look tired at all when DD was 3 months old. That alone was reason enough to buy this shit for the rest of my life!

Facial cleanser = Real Purity by philosophy, been using daily for a decade, gets all the makeup off.

I'm curious about the coconut oil. I've got some stubborn wrinkles nothing has helped yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"