August 2014 Moms
Options

Possible Ectopic Pregnancy?

Has anybody ever had an ectopic pregnancy? What were your symptoms? Was there a gestational sac still present in the uterus? Has anybody been 5 or less weeks pregnant and had an ultrasound done that showed a gestational sac, but no yolk sac or fetal pole?

Went to the ER yesterday due to some severe pain in my right side. Thought maybe it was appendicitis, but it's not. Was discharged with diagnosis of "suspected ectopic pregnancy". I go in first thing tomorrow to get blood drawn again to check my HCG levels.

Re: Possible Ectopic Pregnancy?

• Options
    I agree with PP. My doctor told me when he saw the ges sac in my uterus that we could rule out ectopic. At 5 weeks you will not see much via u/s. Also, I've heard that ER doctor's blow pregnancy related things out of proportion. Please follow up with you OB to be sure.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

TTC #1 since June 2012
    Current Status:  IVF with ICSI and PGS
    Genetic, RPL, SA and Fertility testing = Normal/Good
        HSG = All Clear
    BFP #1 12.30.2012  ||  Blighted Ovum 02.05.2013  ||  D&C 02.11.2013
    BFP #2 09.10.2013  ||  c/p 09.12.2013

BFP #3 12.1.2013  ||  mm/c  01.15.14  ||  D&C 01.21.14  chromosome abnormality
    May 2014:  Residual HCG and retained tissue found
    05.13.2014:  Hysteroscopy D&C to find and remove retained tissue
    June 2014:  Tissue sample results indicate a partial molar pregnancy
    May - Aug 2014:   TTA for monitoring and testing
    08.21.2014:  Hysteroscopy to remove minor scar tissue - the result of 3 D&Cs
    Sept/Oct: IUI #1  Femara + Bravelle + Ovidrel = BFN
    Oct/Nov: IUI #2  Femara + Ovidrel = BFN
    Nov/Dec: IUI #3  Femara + Bravelle + Ovidrel = BFN

My Ovulation Chart  || *~*~All AL Welcome~*~* ||  DIY Blog

imagehttp://i59.tinypic.com/v5ztqr.jpg  image

image image 

• Options
    I had an ultrasound with my first around 5 weeks because I too was having some pain.  They couldn't see much but just confirmed that everything was in my uterus.  

After heading to the ER this weekend, I realize how little they know and it really is best to follow ups with your OB immediately. 
    CafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy #3 after two prior losses in 2013

EDD 8/18 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I got an ultrasound one of the goals was to rule out Eptopic and they did that by looking at my tubes and uterus. The sac was in the uterus not the tubes so that ruled that out. I was only measuring 5w3d so there was no heartbeat yet. I'd follow up with your OB but this doesn't sound eptopic and what you saw for how far along you are sounds like a good start.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I had an ectopic in August. I thought I had my period after a week of brown spotting. A week later, I was suspicious and took a PG test, which was positive. I had betas drawn, and my levels were very low and not rising appropriately. An ultrasound at 7w4d in the ER showed nothing in my uterus. I also had pronounced pain on my left side, like a pulsating cramp. My doctor's office handled it terribly, and my tube ended up rupturing and I needed emergency surgery to remove the tube and pregnancy. If you think this might be an ectopic, please be pushy and make sure your doctor is monitoring closely. It was such a traumatic experience and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. If you have questions at all, let me know.
    BabyFetus Ticker}
  • Options
    I had a blighted ovum over the summer - went in at 7 weeks for my first u/s only to see a gestational sac and no fetal pole or anything else. They made me wait two weeks to do another u/s just to make sure it was a blighted ovum.

If they saw anything in your uterus, though, I'm not really sure why they suspected an ectopic pregnancy. Have you spoken with your OB yet?
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had a suspected ectopic at 4w3d (2weeks ago) They saw nothing in my uterus and something in my tube. Went in for surgery, it was actually a ruptured corpus luteum cyst. Went back at 5w2d and saw a gestational sac but no fetal pole, no yoke sac. I now go back jan 6. Praying for a healthy heartbeat next!!
    TTC#1 11.1.2010 |  BFP 1.4.2011 | Benton Henry born 9.13.2011

TTC #2 11.1.2013 | BFP 12.17.13 | Due Date 8.22.14

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"