April 2014 Moms
Options

Heartwarming

Happy New Years A14!
I thought with all the viability talk, stress, and bad stories out there we all could use something positive. My cousin had her little boy on June 20th, 2012 at 23 weeks 5 days when she went into preterm labor and her water broke. He had his fight for life, his up and downs, but he is a happy healthy 18 month old, climbing all over, crawling, and babbling. He is a bit delayed but he hits all his milestones within a month or so and has the best personality. We just had Christmas on Saturday where he opened his presents :) my cousin was kind enough to let me share his pictures since she is a strong advocate for premies and sharing their story. I hope you all have a safe New Years Eve and remember how lucky we are to have these blessings through all the worries and stress. Here are some pictures from when he was born and his most recent from Christmas. Hard to believe it's the same baby right?

Re: Heartwarming

• Options
    What a cutie, and what a fighter!

My friend had her twins at 30w and we just celebrated their 3rd birthdays this year, which is the point at which they stop tracking their 'adjusted age' and they are perfectly on track. It's been amazing to see, and then to remember those first weeks where we were just hoping they would make it.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Options
    My cousin was born at 30 weeks and is a healthy 8-year old today :) Thank you for sharing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow, amazing.  Thank you for this :)
    image    image    image    image

• Options
    Thanks for sharing! I just love stories like this :)
    TTC #1 since August 2012 |  BFP August 17th, 2013  |    EDD April 25th, 2014
    Living with Vestibulodynia (Chronic pelvic pain)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"