April 2013 Moms
Options

Cold Weather and baby

megandscott07megandscott07 member
edited December 2013 in April 2013 Moms
To follow up on an earlier discussion re: moving from bucket seat to convertible - how do the cold weather mommas deal with this? Specifically, right now when I have DS in the bucket I can cover him with blankets and the car seat cover (NOT the bundle me) so he does not freeze to death when walking into Target for example.

I'd like to bring him to Target today and sit him in the cart because he hates his bucket seat lately, screams and cries and continuously tries to escape from it. But logistically I can't figure out how to get him from the car to inside the store without him getting too cold. I can't put a big puffy coat on him because that's unsafe in the carseat.

FWIW, it will be around -2 for the high today. Any advice? I feel like I must be missing something obvious.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cold Weather and baby

• Options
    Brrr! I just bundle him in a blanket, but it's not nearly that cold here!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    That's my annoyance as well -- negative 11 this morning in Mpls.  So far we've only gone to daycare since switching to the convertible, and that's literally 5 steps from car to door so I haven't worried about it, but I guess I would will put him in his jacket in the car after unbuckling him from seat, then walk inside holding him.  

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Warm hat on his head and a blanket. And park close! If your coat is big enough you can kind of tuck him in there with you- I do that with my DD. Share the body heat. :-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Warm hat on his head and a blanket. And park close! If your coat is big enough you can kind of tuck him in there with you- I do that with my DD. Share the body heat. :-)

Same. DS is usually hot from the carseat and being dressed warmly in there, so a 30 second jaunt outside, under a blanket, is okay. When it's really cold, we put a fleece bunting over his clothes. I got a cute one at the gap outlet on Black Friday!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    This is the reason we are still in our carrier. I plan on trying to keep her in it until the end of winter if she doesn't outgrow it before then
  • Options
    It gets below zero here also (I live in South Dakota). I put a thin fleece jacket on Cam with hat and gloves and wrap a blanket around him.
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    That's the reason I bought a longer lasting infant seat this time. DD1 outgrew hers at 6 months, right at the start of winter. It was a pita getting her bundled and unbundled. Now I just put the seat in the cart and take DD3 out when we get inside.

Oh, and for bundling with DD1 we just did a hat, mittens, robeez style boots, and blankets. We got DD2 a car seat poncho when she was 1, and that's nice for throwing over her quickly. It doesn't fall off like blankets tend to.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I would avoid the trip but the forecast is this way for the next week, so I can't really avoid it. I will take your suggestions and see how it goes!

Anniversary

• Options
    Yep, I have a fleece suit for Connor. He usually has thermals on under it and two pairs of socks and sometimes gloves on. I park as close as I can and if he needs a jacket I put it on him once I parked. I hurry as fast as I can into the store too. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"