Babies: 9 - 12 Months

drop this feeding?

I'm curious about dropping an evening feeding and here's why... LO has her last bottle at daycare around 3:30. Usually, we get home and she nurses around 6pm, then has solid dinner and then nurses again at about 7:30ish, sometimes 8, for bedtime. I'm wondering if I should drop the 6pm feeding and just feed her solids and then nurse her at bedtime as usual. Sometimes she barely seems to nurse very long at that 6pm feeding, sometimes she does eat more. Sometimes the bedtime one is light and sometimes it's not. It's weird. I just feel like she's basically eating for 2 hours straight when we get home. LOL Any thoughts? She's 9 months. She gets 6 feedings a day counting that before dinner nursing session.

My concern if we drop the feeding is that she won't nurse as long at bedtime after her solids and won't get as much breastmilk as I'd like. We're in the process of transitioning to formula during the day, so the breastmilk she does get is more important now. We're moving to formula during the day b/c I can't quite keep up supply with pumping.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: drop this feeding?

• I wouldn't drop it yet.
     We follow "food before one is just for fun".  Both my girls at this age nursed at that time of day like that. DD1 was in daycare at that age and DD2 is not and nurses around 6ish and right before bed 8pm.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • The 6pm feeding is most likely a comfort, your baby might just need you after a long day away from you. That could be way its not a long feeding, its not really a feed
  • Loading the player...
  • The 6pm feeding is most likely a comfort, your baby might just need you after a long day away from you. That could be way its not a long feeding, its not really a feed

This

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • I would keep it to stay connected after being apart all day.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I agree that it's more of a comfort thing. We have almost the exact same schedule as you, and I do plan on dropping that feed in the next 1-2 weeks. We are moving, and we will be getting home a half an hour later. I just don't have the time to nurse DS, unfortunately. He gets plenty in bottles during the day and still nurses once (or lately twice...lucky me) in the MOTN so I'm not too concerned about his intake. I think I dropped this feed for DS1 around 10ish months, but I can't really remember.
  • We were in the same situation, except the post-daycare nursing session was more struggle than comfort. Finally I decided to skip it, and since then she has nursed better at the bedtime session too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"