Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Little help

Ok so my son is 13 months old. Mostly breast fed, I have been slowly weaning him. We are down to just breast feeding first thing in the morning and before he goes to bed. After he gets over this cold I will stop the morning feeding and then a few weeks after I will stop the bed time feeding. I know this is going to sound funny but what are everyone's morning and bed time routines? He will still need to eat after dinner before bed so just milk? Thanks for the help!
Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Little help

• If hes getting adequate food during the day he won't and shouldn't need milk prior to bed. Otherwise your just getting him into a bad habit that associates food with sleep. With my 3 nursing kids I just followed their lead. When they nursed for just a minute or two before bed, I knew it was time. The first week we had DH put them to sleep and then we rotated. Honestly for me, it was harder on me then them and remember when you're done nursing you have a drop in hormones that can cause sudden crying and depression so just be aware.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • With DD#1 I still did  a little bit of milk before bed. I called it last sip ( really last few chugs in her case), then we brushed her teeth.  I did this for a few months and then changed it to last sip of water.  DD#1 is 2.5yrs now and still gets her last sip of water.  She sleeps thru the night and doesn't wet the bed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I weaned DD from bottles slowly because she had a late start with solid food due to multiple food protein intolerance.  By 14 months, I decided she was eating enough regular food that we could just get rid of the bottles.  Bedtime was the last to go shortly before she turned 15 months.  I swapped it for a sippy of water, and it was a very smooth transition.
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • I'm weaning DS off his bedtime nursing session after tonight.  Normally we have dinner at 6:30pm, he nurses at 7:30pm, then goes up to his bedroom at 8pm, asleep by 8:20 or so.  My plan is to just not offer the session at 7:30pm without giving him a snack.  He doesn't nurse long anyway at the bedtime session so I don't think he needs anything.  We offer water before bed.

As for the morning session, it will be the last one to drop.  When the time comes, I will have DH go get DS up.  While DH gets DS ready, I will prep his breakfast so when DH is done with DS, breakfast will be there.  Right now in the AM, if I go get DS, he immediately starts to whine if I don't let him nurse right away.  However, on weekends if DH gets DS up, DS is happy to play for a while (until he sees me, then he starts whining).
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"