March 2014 Moms

My appt. update - you know the one where i threatened to scream at my OB?!

So…just got back from my appointment.  It was def. better than last one.  I was not scolded about weight. She actually said I was doing well!  I got the Rhogam shot and it didn't hurt at all. It just felt like the needle was in there for a long time.  She did however say that I just barely passed my 1 hour glucose test.  I think 135 is when they bring you back and I had a 134.  Therefore, time to cut out carbs :  (  Anyone have advice on some good snacks/meals that are carb-free or low-carb/high protein?

By the way, I didn't scream at her! haha That is a victory in itself. 
March 17 2014! 

Re: My appt. update - you know the one where i threatened to scream at my OB?!

• I am gluten free to begin with  so its fairly easy. Look for anything with a G on the package that means its gluten free. I love pop chips, careful with corn though because of the natural sugar.  i always snack on veggies, I make a lot of tomato based soups.   I like  to eat nuts ( almonds, walnuts, etc)  Trader Joes, Whole foods and now regular chains have good options, even gluten free ( brown rice pasta is decent)   for something sweet, I will have a cup of no sugar added hot cocoa.

good luck  Glad the appointment went well and you squeaked out of GD) 
  • MeggsMMeggsM member
    edited December 2013
    Yay for victories! As for low carb things to snack on have you tried fruit and yogurt? Or low carb crackers and cheese? My fav is always fruit and cheese of some kind . I also find that drinking a lot of water helps with arb cravings, sometimes I just need 15 litres of water. Did your ob ask you to cut carbs or give you any information on cutting them and how much you can eat?

Edit for typo
  • Loading the player...
  • toriwhittoriwhit member
    edited December 2013
    MeggsM said:
    Yay for victories! As for low carb things to snack on have you tried fruit and yogurt? Or low carb crackers and cheese? My fav is always fruit and cheese of some kind . I also find that drinking a lot of water helps with arb cravings, sometimes I just need 15 litres of water. Did your ob ask you to cut carbs or give you any information on cutting them and how much you can eat? Edit for typo
    Well she said I should balance my carbs with protein. I am wondering if the holidays and my sugar cookie overloading had anything to do with my results too. I def. want to eat more fruit and I love cheese so I guess this won't be hard.  Funny, she also said I needed to drink more water because I have protein in my urine. I am drinking like 2 1/2 liters a day but I guess I need more.  I think I am going to try to cut WAY back on sugar too. I am pretty sure I shocked my system over the holidays.  

I think I got lucky because I read on other boards that anything over 130 is called back for the 3 hour test…I guess my doctors don't follow those recommendations. Oh well, I guess this will encourage me to have a healthier lifestyle leading up to delivery (and hopefully after!) 

Edited - typo
    March 17 2014! 

• You can have all the non-starchy veggies you want....be careful with fruit, you can eat it but you can't eat unlimited amounts.  Though unless your doctor specifically said she wants you to follow the GD diet, then I would just make small adjustments here and there, ie don't gorge on sweets, don't eat 3+ slices of pizza at once, don't drink regular pop (one can of pepsi has the same amount of carbs that I am allowed for dinner), stear towards more whole grain bread rather than white, etc.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"