Pregnant after a Loss

bacterial vaginosis & PgAL brain.

I went to the doc last week because I had some watery discharge and was panicking I was leaking amniotic fluid (something similar happened right before I lost my first right around this exact same time - 15-16 weeks, so I was extra-panicky).

So I got right into see my OB, we listen to baby on the doppler, he's great, she checks my cervix, all shut up tight, and says everything in there looks like normal discharge. She reassures me everything is fine and she'll see me back in one week. However, she went ahead and swabbed me for infections just to be safe. 

I just got a voicemail this afternoon saying I was positive for BV and it's treatable with antibiotics. It's a common thing; however, she throws into the message that it's important to treat because it's associated with pre-term labor!!! Of course, I immediately start googling - BAD IDEA - and see how it's also linked to second tri miscarriage . . . although, nothing is a definitive cause/effect, they're really not positive of the relationship just that those with BV have higher incidents.

To make a really long story short . . . just wondering if anyone can offer up happy ending stories where they have had BV during pregnancy and it was no big deal? I see my doctor on Thursday, picking up my meds tomorrow, but in the meantime I'm just to talk myself down from the PgAL brain ledge.

Re: bacterial vaginosis & PgAL brain.

• Most pregnant ladies get it at one time or another during pregnancy. It's no big deal.

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012
    BFP#1 12/27/12 II TWIN GIRLS II D&C 2/15/13 TRAP sequence

Clomid + TI + Acupuncture x 2 cycles

BFP#2 9/5/13 II EDD 5/16/14 II Beckett Ryan born May 10, 2014

• I have had it with every pregnancy that I have had that has gone to term.  Take the antibiotics and hang in there!

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • Loading the player...
  • Working in an OB office I can tell you it is very very common and I have never seen a complication related to BV.
  • I just had it a couple weeks ago and finished the antibiotic Friday. Baby has been moving around like a maniac since I've been finished!
  • Phew, thanks for making me feel better, ladies!!! My OB knows I'm crazy, so not sure why she had to mention pre-term labor on my voicemail!!!! I didn't need scare tactics to motivate me to get the meds, haha. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"