Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Graco Modes Click Connect

I would love to hear some feedback on this stroller/car seat combo! I put it on my registry because I love the versatility of the product.

Re: Graco Modes Click Connect

• Options
    I love the versatality and the bang for your buck, BUT I will say you get what you pay for.  I tried this stroller out at the store with my 10 month old.  The wheels are plastic Graco wheels, the mechanisims are all plastic and cheap aluminum.  The seat is nice and offers a lot of room.
    The maneuverability is terrible.  I had to really crank my wrists to get the stroller to turn.  The stroller is heavy

I suggest really looking around and trying other strollers before you invest in this one.
    The Baby Jogger Versa does all of the same stuff, but is better quality and for a little more, you are going to get a better stroller.
    Here is a versa for $300
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    Meh.  That about sums up how I feel about Graco strollers.  I've had a couple... including a Metrolite Travel System as my first stroller.  I honestly really liked that stroller a lot... until I tried a Baby Jogger and saw what I was missing.  My issue with them all is like PP said, the parts/quality is just not that great.  The steering may seem fine in the store but once you get it loaded up with baby and gear and out in the real world... not so much.  They are bulky and heavy And I honestly don't even think their prices are that great... if you take your time and watch online sales, you can get nearly as good prices on Baby Joggers, Britax, and similar.  I feel like their carseats are fine but I think that Chicco's are far better as far as quality and comfort.  My advice to most people is to skip the travel system and just get a good infant carseat plus a snap n go type stroller frame.  Then around 6-7 mos, start shopping for strollers once you know how much you will really use it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have this exact travel system and I LOVE it!!! The stroller is very lite - I can collapse and open it with one hand. I can lift the frame with one hand into my trunk ( I am petite ad not very strong so if I can do it with one hand, anyone can ) .
    I found the maneuverability to be pretty good. I can turn it with only one hand ( I try not to as it's harder obviously but it's possible) . I love that the carriage part can be taken off the frame and you can just mount the car seat. Very convenient. The under carriage storage space is large. I haven't found it to be cheaply made at all and I seriously don't see myself getting any other stroller. GrAnted I don't plan on jogging or off reading with this stroller. I use it pretty much only on paved roads in urban area.
  • Options
    olga1311 said:
    I have this exact travel system and I LOVE it!!! The stroller is very lite - I can collapse and open it with one hand. I can lift the frame with one hand into my trunk ( I am petite ad not very strong so if I can do it with one hand, anyone can ) . I found the maneuverability to be pretty good. I can turn it with only one hand ( I try not to as it's harder obviously but it's possible) . I love that the carriage part can be taken off the frame and you can just mount the car seat. Very convenient. The under carriage storage space is large. I haven't found it to be cheaply made at all and I seriously don't see myself getting any other stroller. GrAnted I don't plan on jogging or off reading with this stroller. I use it pretty much only on paved roads in urban area.

*I'm so happy to hear! I think I may just try it out!
  • Options
    I just saw this one in BRU this weekend. I loved it - so much storage and looks comfy for the little one. I also love that the seat can face each way and you can snap the infant car seat in the frame rather than on top of the seat. But it seemed bulky and you definitely will need an umbrella stroller down the line in my opinion. We decided not to go with it for that reason.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"