Stay at Home Moms

Paranoia

DS2 has started rolling onto his tummy to sleep. He's 5 months so it should be NBD, but it still makes me nervous and I'm constantly checking the video monitor when I'm not right there. I know part of the reason I bed share (and did so much research on safe bed sharing) is because I'm paranoid about SIDS. I rolled him onto his back 3 times tonight before giving up and letting him lie on his belly and I have moved his head three times since I started typing this because I thought his nose was too far in the mattress. He has a cold too, which doesn't help my worries.

Anywho, enough of my crazy...what are you paranoid about?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Paranoia

• alli2672alli2672 member
    edited December 2013
    I worry about that stuff too.  Less with my second than my first though. 
  • I worried about that stuff all the time. I got an Angel Care movement monitor to ease my fears.
  • Loading the player...
  • I worry about my kid all the time, it's exhausting. But that's just part of being a momma I guess
  • DD is 8.5 mos and I still wake up through the night to check on her. I'm just as bad. I actually posted about this last week on my BMB. Everyone says if they can get there by themselves, they are fine, but i know it will always worry me.
  • DS mostly sleeps on his tummy now too and I still worry and periodically check the monitor even though he's 11 months. My newest fear, though, is that he'll choke while feeding himself finger foods.
  • I worried about it a lot before DD was even born! A video monitor came in handy for me as she got older & was in a crib. I can always see her & what she's doing in bed- rolling around or getting tangled in her blankets. Also she slept in a bassinet the first 6 months or so? I'd just wheel it to whatever room I was in & she'd sleep & I'd sit there & keep an eye & ear out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"