July 2012 Moms
Options

Fabric score! (opinion??)

lewispmlewispm member
edited December 2013 in July 2012 Moms

I just found the most adorable knit (stretchy) fabric and I could not resist. Now the question is, is it too girly to make pants out of for K? I could save it to make something for my soon-to-be niece, but I just love foxes and I really want to use it for K.

And no, they would not be PJ's but real pants that I would dress him in for the day, if that changes any answers. Here is the link to the fabric: https://www.girlcharlee.com/fox-family-on-blue-cotton-jersey-blend-knit-fabric/girl-charlee-p-8690.html?cPath=148

And K is wearing pants I made from the same pattern I would use for these pants in my siggy pic, if that helps. Thanks!

Re: Fabric score! (opinion??)

• Options
    I don't think it's girly at all and totally works with Kellen's style.
    Dating since 3.8.2008. Married since 6.4.2011. Bryson born on 6.28.2012
     CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I am hoping MH will be ok with it, If not, oh well! I got a full yard of it so I can probably make pants for K as well as a little something for my niece. I am just super excited to have found this fabric as knits are usually hard to come by in fun prints!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    lewispmlewispm member
    edited December 2013
    Totally cute for a boy!!! I want a pair too. :-)  I wish I could get more of this stuff done.  I love that website too.  Have you seen Spoonflower as well?

Spoonflower is amazing! Only horribly expensive :( I based K's entire nursery off of some fabric I found on Spoonflower for his sheets. It just so happened to be foxes as well, haha.

ETA: This fabric is only $6.50/yd!! Spoonflower is like $18/yd and $24/yd for knits I think!

• Options
    Love it! K will rock them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Kellen is going to look adorable in it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with PPs. The pattern looks gender neutral to me and not girly. The pants are going to turn out great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"