TTC After a Loss
Options

crosspost from TTCafter35-insurance coverage after age 40?

I'm baffled.

I made my first appt today with an RE (yea!!!). Gave all my insurance info. Found out tonight from internet research that my state has mandated infertility coverage, but that mandate ends at age 40-and I"m 42. But ins. companies CAN cover past that age. Then found out that since I have federal insurance (fed employee benefits) that state mandates don't apply to me? Is that good or bad ?

My insurance co website of course says NOTHING about this and they're closed for the night...sigh...

Do any of you ladies have experience dealing with this? I'm new to the world of RE's and stuff.

Re: crosspost from TTCafter35-insurance coverage after age 40?

• Options
    I'm not 100% certain, as my state is not mandated to provide IF coverage.

I know it's all jacked up, but in simplistic terms I'm thinking that for you having federal benefits, they're not required to offer IF coverage. All the state mandated stuff depends on the insur co.

For example, say you're in MA & it's a mandated state and your insur is BlueCross BlueShield (bcbs) of MA, there'd be IF coverage. BUT, if you're in MA and insurance company was federal bcbs or bcbs of IL (not a mandated state) IF coverage would NOT have to be given since it's not a state-specific plan.

Hope that makes sense. Again, I'm not an expert on this, so correct me if I'm wrong ladies (I very well could be).

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"