2nd Trimester
Options

Gender reveal and question about placenta

So....we're having a GIRL!! Pretty excited since I have two boys. At the big u/s, I also found out that I have a low-lying placenta but my doc's office is closed over the holidays. Is there anything I should be avoiding or doing differently? TIA

DS #1: May 25, 2007

DS #2: Jan 7, 2009

DD #3 due May 17, 2014!!! Low lying placenta and DD measuring 1 week ahead at big u/s

Re: Gender reveal and question about placenta

• Options
    You can always call your on call doctor and ask!
  • Options
    I would assume if there was anything you needed to do differently they would have told you at the ultrasound.
    Congratulations on your future daughter!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's a little different in Canada. Ultrasounds are not done in the doctor's office, but at private clinics. The ultrasound tech then sends the report to the family doctor and/or OB/Gyn. My family doctor is closed until the new year and I don't get to start seeing an OB until Jan 6th. So I'm kind of stuck for advice for the time being. For right now, I'm just avoiding lifting and sex. Seems like the smartest thing to do! Thanks ladies :)

DS #1: May 25, 2007

DS #2: Jan 7, 2009

DD #3 due May 17, 2014!!! Low lying placenta and DD measuring 1 week ahead at big u/s

• Options
    It's a little different in Canada. Ultrasounds are not done in the doctor's office, but at private clinics. The ultrasound tech then sends the report to the family doctor and/or OB/Gyn. My family doctor is closed until the new year and I don't get to start seeing an OB until Jan 6th. So I'm kind of stuck for advice for the time being. For right now, I'm just avoiding lifting and sex. Seems like the smartest thing to do! Thanks ladies :)

I'm in the US, but it was that way with my second. I guess I don't see how they told you that you have a low lying placenta and then just left it at that. The clinic that I went to was not allowed to say anything about anything. It just seems odd to tell you about the placenta but not if it's a problem or not. :-/

Well, I hope if they didn't say anything else that means it is not a problem right now. Good luck!

• Options
    I had my anatomy scan today and the ultrasound tech told me I had a low lying placenta and nothing else. Luckily, my appointment was right after the scan, and I was told to go on pelvic rest aka no sex....

Did they give you a measurement of the space between placenta and cervix?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"