July 2013 Moms

XP: Chore Chart

DH and I are plannning to have DS1 start with a few more chores in the new year. From what we've received from his kindergarten teacher and what I've seen floating around fb, we aren't having him do enough. So far his chores have been to clear his own plate from the table, turn on the lights for Daddy before he gets home (winter months), and throw his clothes down the laundry chute.

For the new chores we feel like it would be good to give him a chore chart, but I don't know what that would look like. Poster board with a grid? Can I just put gold star stickers on the regular calendar? Does each chore completed get a sticker on the chart? Should he receive any reward for completing X amount of chores (other than the satisfaction of a job well done?) And if so, how many completion stickers before he gets a reward? And what is an appropriate reward?

We were going to start this in January and as you can see I've pretty much put this off until the last minute. Any tips for what has, or hasn't, worked for you will be appreciated.
Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: XP: Chore Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"