July 2014 Moms

Have you picked out names?

124»

Re: Have you picked out names?

• No clue! I like unique, husband doesn't. It's usually a battle until 9 mo :) 
    BabyFetus Ticker

image image

• It takes us forever to decide on names. I have just started playing around. Boys: Collin, Alexander, Jackson, or Noah...none of them I absolutely love though. Girls: Adelyn or Emma Kate but again not 100%. I hope to find out the gender within the next 4 weeks.
    image     image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

image    image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Landry Reece regardless of sex. Landry is a combination of my grandfather's full name and Reece is hubbys grandmother's middle name.
  • @tealowl you keep giving examples of people you know that "turned out fine". You do realize that there is research to support the fact that giving your child a stripper name or one that defies phonics put them at a disadvantage when they are older for a myriad of reasons, right? Like actual research - not "I knew someone who smoked throughout pregnancy/is named something embarrassing and they turned out great!"

You don't need to quote 'turned out fine'. Because they literally did.

Yes, I'm well aware that the job world is racist and some places will choose a John over a Tyreese.

However, I gave examples that show it's not always the case...because it's not always the case.

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Nothing to do with race. My point really is that you actually have no idea if everything was fine for them. How many people passed them up for jobs? Or treated them like they were less educated.

Sure, outside looking in, they both have jobs despite their names. All I am saying is that it puts your child at an immediate disadvantage, and that is actually backed up with real research.

Same thing with smoking during pregnancy. The kids look "fine" now, but you have no idea what damage you've done until they are adults and don't suffer from allergies, asthma, etc.

Are you going to stop wearing your seatbelt because your parents weren't required to and they didn't die in a car accident?
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• @orchidhunter - DH is Christoph and BIL is Wolfgang - born from German immigrants. DH goes by Christoph or Stoph (never Chris) and BIL goes by Wolf to his buddies and Wolfie to the ladies ;)
    Me: 30, DH: 35
    Indianapolis, IN
    TTC since 1/2010
    BFP 1/23/2011, MC 2/5/2011
    BFP 11/23/2013 , 11/23 1st beta 307!! 11/25 2nd beta 910!!
    EDD 7/28/2014 and so excited!

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @orchidhunter - DH is Christoph and BIL is Wolfgang - born from German immigrants. DH goes by Christoph or Stoph (never Chris) and BIL goes by Wolf to his buddies and Wolfie to the ladies ;)
    Love both names! Stoph is a great nickname... I might try to sneak Christoph onto our list...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • :)
    @orchidhunter - DH is Christoph and BIL is Wolfgang - born from German immigrants. DH goes by Christoph or Stoph (never Chris) and BIL goes by Wolf to his buddies and Wolfie to the ladies ;)
    Love both names! Stoph is a great nickname... I might try to sneak Christoph onto our list...

I love Christoph and Stoph, but I'm obviously partial
    Me: 30, DH: 35
    Indianapolis, IN
    TTC since 1/2010
    BFP 1/23/2011, MC 2/5/2011
    BFP 11/23/2013 , 11/23 1st beta 307!! 11/25 2nd beta 910!!
    EDD 7/28/2014 and so excited!

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • edited May 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • As of right now, Henry Michael or Caraline Jane
  • Our girl is for sure Arabella Anne. I heard Arabella in a movie but like it because it's a modern twist on my great-grandmothers name "Belle". Anne is a family middle name: grandmother, mother, mother in law, and sister in law all have Ann as a middle name. But, because of a certain book/movie I think Anne should be spelled with an E. :-)

I am so stuck on boy names. I have a list of four or five but don't love any of them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Maxiep720 said:
    Wow, sad to say. A lot of these names are HORRIBLE, not modern and not unique at all! They're common and ..... Just horrible. %-( poor babies
    Why yes, I'd love naming advice from someone whose screenname reminds me of a feminine hygiene product!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"