December 2013 Moms

What is your feeding schedule for 3 hour eaters?

What times of the day do you feed your little one? When do you go to sleep after their last meal?

We're up about 6, go back to sleep and up for the day around 9, 12, 3, 6, 8:30, 11, 3am. We try to get him. To sleep after his 11 feed and I'm wondering if that's too late for bedtime?

Curious what other people are doing.
Photobucket

Re: What is your feeding schedule for 3 hour eaters?

• First feed is 630-7 am and usually he is up for the day. Then feed at 9, 1130, 2, 430, 7 and he usually goes to "bed" after that. Then another feeding at 1030 and anytime between 12-2 then 4am. But in another week we are merging the night feeds for 1030, 200 and then the 630 feeding.
  • Cashingn2 said:

I'm not on a feeding schedule. I nurse on demand and this kid eats most of the day.

No schedule here either, she lets us know when she's hungry.

• Loading the player...
  • We have a really similar schedule. My little man is usually up at 6am ish to eat. Last feeding of the day is somewhere between 10:30 and 11pm. I go to bed after that, but usually fall asleep on the couch before, usually asleep on the couch around 9pm. My little man is a sleeper though and doesn't wake up usually for the 3 am feeding.
  • We feed every three hours and he usually sleeps inbetween. Around nine I read him his story and lights are off after that. I guess that's kinda his "bed time" but in reality he sleeps all day.
  • I wish she would go 3 hours, she eats every 2.
  • Merryfj said:
    What times of the day do you feed your little one? When do you go to sleep after their last meal? We're up about 6, go back to sleep and up for the day around 9, 12, 3, 6, 8:30, 11, 3am. We try to get him. To sleep after his 11 feed and I'm wondering if that's too late for bedtime? Curious what other people are doing.

How old is your LO that you have a good schedule? My LO is 3 weeks old and our schedule is all over the place. Jealous you have a schedule down.
  • Cashingn2 said:

I'm not on a feeding schedule. I nurse on demand and this kid eats most of the day.

Ditto this. If she somehow goes more than three hours I sit down with her and she always eats. She wakes herself up 3 hours from the last feed if she's napping or down for the night.
  • My baby is 8 weeks and wakes up every 3 hours for the most part, give or take a half hour here and there.  However, the exception is when he is hitting a growth spurt, like right now.  He wants to eat all the damn time.  So I don't have an actual time schedule down.  When he starts trying to gnaw on his blanket, I take that as a pretty clear cut sign he's hungry and feed him.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• We all head to bed around 10. Feed her, gets to sleep before 11, wakes up around 3ish, wakes up again at 6:30-7ish, we snooze until DS gets up around 8 and then during the day I feed her whenever she needs.

"Dont fucking ever come out your face talking shit like that" -SG 1/12/2014

• DS has fallen into the same sort of schedule as op. Goes to bed (kisses given and put in crib with lights out) around 7-8, back up at 11-12 for another feeding with dad, mom gets the 3 am feeding and we generally go downstairs at that time and fall back asleep on the couch & him in swing or bouncy chair, then feed at 6-7, 9-10, 12-1, 3-4, 7-8.

Like I said we fell into this schedule, if my son was hungry prior to any if the times listed above, id never deny him food.

IAmPregnant Ticker
    Dream celeb baby daddy- Prince Harry
      Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Cashingn2 said:

This.  I'll try for a schedule when I get my shit together.  Right now, I'm just trying to stay sane with my 2 year old and LO.  So I feed her when she lets me know she's hungry (or when my boobs start spraying), which is about every hour-3 hours.  I never let her go over 4 hours.  
    ~Married my best friend 06/27/2010~ ~Miscarriage July 2010~ ~Hannah Leigh born 07/26/2011 (5 weeks early) @ 8:38am 4lbs 15oz~
    imageimage
  • No schedule. He eats every 2-3 hours and sometimes more. It all depends on when he's hungry. I go back to work in mid March so I'll probably start a schedule in mid February.
  • We only have a schedule because this kid sleeps all the time. I either wake him up to eat around the 3 hour mark or he does it himself. If he wakes up earlier we feed him. It's a pretty loose schedule that can change if he decides to eat earlier. I might try the 7-8 "bedtime" as he's been really fidgety after his 10pm feeds and won't go back to sleep in the pack n play. Maybe he's wanting bedtime to be a little earlier. Worth trying out I suppose! Cosleeping was not something I had wanted to do!
    Photobucket
  • I haven't tried to schedule but it works out to be every 2.5 to 3 hours during the day and a little longer at night. She's good at letting us know when she's hungry!

• edited December 2013
    I'm kinda in between. We tend to have a little schedule because she will sleep 3 hour stretches for most of the day and usually gets up on her own and I feed her. However, she has woken up after an hour and was hungry and I feed her. At night I usually feed her around 10-11 and in bed by the latest 12 and she's usually up at 3am to nurse and again around 6-7am. If she was ever awake before the 3 hours and wanting to eat then I'd feed her for sure.

My sweet girl Lilijana Jane 12/16/13
    View Full Size Image 
  • Henry sets his own schedule but he's been pretty consistent from the beginning he nurses for the last time around 8pm, falls asleep around 9. Then sleeps until 8-9 am, waking typically around 11,3 and 5 to nurse. Then he's pretty much awake until 12 or 1 pm. He then sleeps until 5 or 6 at night. I have to wake him at the three hour mark to nurse. Then another 3 hours of wakefulness until bed. I had nothing to do with it but so far it's a pretty awesome schedule. I'll enjoy it until it inevitably changes
  • No schedule yet. He eats every 1 1/2 to 2 hours mostly around the clock. We usually head to bed between 9 and 10, depending in his timing of eating.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Not really a schedule for us either, but she's hungry USUALLY every 3-4 hours, and then there's 1-2 feelings during the day where it's closer to 2-2.5 hours. We let her tell us since she's still so little.
  • hjweber said:
    Cashingn2 said:

This.  I'll try for a schedule when I get my shit together.  Right now, I'm just trying to stay sane with my 2 year old and LO.  So I feed her when she lets me know she's hungry (or when my boobs start spraying), which is about every hour-3 hours.  I never let her go over 4 hours.  

This is pretty much my life as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We usually start around 6 am, and go every 2.5-4 hours from there. During the day she has one or two feedings that are closer together. At night, she's had some 4 hour chunks. I never force her to wait 3 hours. If she seems hungry, I feed her.

• I don't have a schedule either but I have started bathing him and I want to keep that the same around 9pm. So he feeds after that and goes to bed. But other than that we feed when he is hungry
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"