March 2014 Moms

Where did you get your crib bedding?

I have spent hours (probably days, collectively) searching for crib bedding because I'm a perfectionist and I want her room to be nothing short of perfect. We are doing a vintage/California theme (see below for a general idea) and I cannot find crib bedding ANYWHERE. I don't want anything themed and I'm just looking for plain or minimally printed bedding. Please please PUHLEASE help! I feel like I've searched everywhere (land of nod, pottery barn, BRU, target, etc.) and I haven't had any luck. TIA!

Me: 28  DH: 27
TTC since 2011
IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
Twins EDD: 10/13/2016

Re: Where did you get your crib bedding?

• No suggestions but your inspiration board is amazing. Love the ideas!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Check out Restoration Hardware Baby & Child. They have beautiful bedding and I think most of it is on sale right now. We got ours from there and I love it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Try etsy... They have tons of custom bedding.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Since you're just looking for plain, why not just buy plain pink or purple (looks to be in your color scheme) sheets and crib skirt at any baby store?  You don't need most of what comes in a set, and even if you want a few pieces, I am sure you could find say, a plain pink diaper stacker or what have you.

We're doing monkeys and we found it on amazon.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• I'm no help since my mom is making my quilt and I am planning on buying pink, lavender, and green sheets to go underneath it.  I second trying Etsy or Amazon.  Good luck!
  • Lhollo22 said:

Check out Restoration Hardware Baby & Child. They have beautiful bedding and I think most of it is on sale right now. We got ours from there and I love it!

This is also where I got mine and I love it! I am the same, didn't want a theme and I searched and searched for so long until I stumbled on this site. Good luck, I'm sure it will be fab!

• Etsy? Or what about seeing if someone can help u make what u want ?
  • I found what I liked at  www.polkatotdesigns.com they have some really cute designs, but they are pricey. If  you find something you like, you could always order the fabric from fabric.com and find someone who could make it cheaper. 
    Also, check out Etsy. 
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• Pottery barn kids :)

Congrats to my TTC buddy Madeline! Cheering for all the strong 3T ladies! 

TTC since March 2012; DX: PCOS 4/2013 
    BFP 7/6/2013; EDD 3/7/2014 
    Diagnosed with Pre-E: 2/15/201
    Emergency induction: 2/16/2014
    Baby E born: 2/16/2014 at 12:56pm. 5lb 15oz

• Pottery barn kids :)

Congrats to my TTC buddy Madeline! Cheering for all the strong 3T ladies! 

TTC since March 2012; DX: PCOS 4/2013 
    BFP 7/6/2013; EDD 3/7/2014 
    Diagnosed with Pre-E: 2/15/201
    Emergency induction: 2/16/2014
    Baby E born: 2/16/2014 at 12:56pm. 5lb 15oz

• Thanks for the recs, ladies! I haven't tried Etsy, Amazon, RH, babybedding.com or polkadotdesigns.com yet so I'll try those.

TTC since 2011
  • Buy buy baby :)
  • Just so you don't go to the wrong site...it's polkatot not dot...;)
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• Pottery barn :)

Julius Justin - 11/07/2002 - 10 lbs 22 in 
    Isabella Genavieve - 02/03/05 - 7 lbs 11 oz 22 in 
    Arianna Kaitlynn - 04/10/2013 - 4 lbs 15 oz 15 in

BFP 08/10/13 
    TWINS!!!! 09/01/13
    Miscarriage at 12 weeks lost baby B 
    Arianna diagnosed with an Ompalocele at 13 weeks
    Arianna our Angel on 04/10/13 
    BFP 07/20/13
    Our Rainbow due 03/18/14 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimage
  • Pottery Barn Kids
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Walmart.
    Plain sheets. Nothing fancy required.

And for my first, 'Zellers'. (Canada, remember?)
  • I got mine at babybedding.com after hours of endless searching and going to fabric stores trying to coordinate fabrics for custom bedding. You can pick your fabrics and see it all together. They run good promos and I got it in about 3 weeks! Good Luck!
  • Hdhtk4Hdhtk4 member
    edited December 2013
    Etsy is awesome! But most of the bedding sets I looked at on there were really expensive. I found what I wanted on Etsy and am instead buying the same fabric from fabric.com and my super talented cousin is making it for me. $100 instead of $400!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Diapers.com has some cute stuff. We got our bedding at Pottery Barn.
  • ndpoolendpoole member
    edited December 2013
    I had the same problem and ended up customizing the bed skirt and blanket at Carousel Designs. It just came yesterday and I'm thrilled with everything.
    We bought sheets through Land of Nod and Amazon that coordinated with the customized piece.

• I bought my sheets at target for $6 and then bought fabric and made 3 panels to turn into a crib skirt from Joanne fabrics ($6). The skirt is literally three rectangles attached with hot glue under the mattress.
    OMG so freaking pretty!

• I got mine from baby super mall. It has a very similar color scheme as your inspiration board. They have several others as well. Good luck!

• Have you tried Posh Tots - its name its pricey, but they amazing things.
  • I'm in the same boat.
    We ended up making our crib skirt and a quilt (still in process) but we did register for several different sheets at various places. I'm not doing anything beyond that... Decided to be anti bumper since I never really liked them anyway.
  • Ours is Serena and Lily. I second looking at etsy. I have a seller I pinned a while ago. When I get a few I'll try to come back and post the name for you.

• ndpoole said:

I had the same problem and ended up customizing the bed skirt and blanket at Carousel Designs. It just came yesterday and I'm thrilled with everything.

We bought sheets through Land of Nod and Amazon that coordinated with the customized piece.

I was just about to suggest Carousel Designs. I fell in love with their design your own tool. But then, as previous posters mentioned, I discovered RH Baby, snd they had something on sale that was almost exactly my design. I can't wait for it to arrive!
  • I just got sheets from Target and making my own bedskirt to pull all the colors together. I bought a "set" for my first. Never used the quilt, took out the bumper once he as born and had to make the bed skirt work but cutting it. What a waste of $100.

• I bought my sheets at target for $6 and then bought fabric and made 3 panels to turn into a crib skirt from Joanne fabrics ($6). The skirt is literally three rectangles attached with hot glue under the mattress.

I LOVE this!

TTC since 2011
  • Etsy--you can choose fabrics and which pieces you want. I don't want bumpers or a quilt and that's the cutest part of most sets I've seen in a store, so this lets me maximize the skirt and sheets and I can also do window treatments and changing pad cover to match.
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• My husband bought a bedding/crib set for me for Christmas.  https://www.geenny.com/boutique-new-sea-world-animals-13pcs-crib-bedding-set.html

I probably wouldn't have picked it out myself, but, hey, this baby belongs to both of us.  It is at least the colors I wanted for our baby-to-be (Team Green)... greens/blues/yellows.  It has sea animals on it.  I'm going to make it less cartoony by how I decorate the rest of the room - found some fabulous seaglass-looking blue lamps at HomeGoods yesterday and excited to make this a sea/beachy theme while also making my husband happy since he was so sweet as to choose something at least in the color palette I wanted and listening to me by saying I only wanted stuff for the baby at Christmas.
  • We got ours online at babysupermall.com
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I got DS' at kohls last time and he barely used a bit of it. So this time I'm just making a crib sheet and maybe a skirt. I made all DS changing pad covers so I will do that again with this one.
    Married - 5/2008
    DS #1 - Born 9/2011
    DS #2 - EDD 3/2014
  • coreyeliz said:

ndpoole said:

I was just about to suggest Carousel Designs. I fell in love with their design your own tool. But then, as previous posters mentioned, I discovered RH Baby, snd they had something on sale that was almost exactly my design. I can't wait for it to arrive!
    That's where we got ours! (Www.babybedding.com) download the app they have on their website and you can design your own! We're doing vintage baseball theme and we got the perfect bedding set. DH designed it (shocked me haha) and it looks exactly like the picture. It is not very cheap though. Gift from MIL.

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"