Trouble TTC

2IFer with a clomid IUI question ***siggy warning****

I have just gone through 3 monitored IUI cycles with clomid and ovidrel trigger.

I have mild PCOS so the RE wanted to use lower doses of clomid to prevent overstim.

Each time, my dominant follie was on the right side, he was optimistic even though I am tubeless on the right (saying new data shows the tube side can pick up the egg).  

Part of me wants to believe that the other feels like I have had well timed regular cycles for 18 months and a miscarriage but no successes.  We have insurance so I am wondering if he might not cancel because I am not OOP (probably jumping to conclusions right?)  

Needless to say I am pretty sure at my F/U apt he will suggest IVF because he thinks my problem is tubal (really?!). He will allow up to 5 IUIs but I think he'd prefer for me to do IVF next.

Do other medications do a better job stimulating follicles in both ovaries? The biggest one on the left ovary was 14mm but the right ovary had 20-22mm.  

We have not ruled out IVF but if I can try a few more IUIs with a chance of stimulating my left ovary, I'd try it.

6/09 right tube loss (fallopian torsion) 12/09 BFP #1 (DD born 9/10)
8/12 dx Lupus (ANA+/APA-), 12/12 BFP #2  natural m/c 6w 2d 
TTC#2  since 9/12  50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #1 Beta 10/4=BFN
                             50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #2 Beta 11/1= BFN
                                  100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #3 Beta 12/26=BFFN
100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #4 Beta 2/14= BFFN
Took a LONG Break
Lots of Luck and Love BFPB for life KOFMKG

Re: 2IFer with a clomid IUI question ***siggy warning****

• I have taken clomid during my first couple of IUI. When taking it I would have follies only on my left nothing on my right. At one point I did stair stepping (two rounds of clomid in one cycle) and still produced only one follie on the left.

My RE recommended injections or letrozole (also known as femara). I was leaning towards injects but I was going to need to skip a cycle to take the class on at home injects, so I decided to take the letrozole and the class in the same cycle and use injects the next cycle if I had a poor response. I was very happy to see that I had four follies that we can measure and 2 of them were on my right. We have continued to use the letrozole because it does seem to do the trick with getting follies on both sides.

Good luck with your journey!

Married in September 2010, started TTC journey November 2012

Me-

7 IUI- 2 CP- 2 BFN

RPL blood work 12/27, showed a balance translocation in chromosome 11;22  

Spouse-

PCOS 4 IUI-4 BFN

New Plan: Reciprocal IVF, me as carrier wife's eggs. Just went through insurance and received partial approval, so my part will go through my IVF benefits and wife's part will be out of pocket. Now just finalizing finance plans to cover the oop costs. Doctors office is in process of moving to a new building so there are no IVF start ups until March/April 2015. 

• When my right tube was still blocked, my RE wanted to go right to injects because they would have a better chance of stimulating both sides. In your case, that's what I'd probably be looking to try. 

GL!

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
    image image imageimage 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you ladies!

Took a LONG Break
  • Hopefully not hijacking this post because I have nothing useful to contribute, but I did want to say, I had no idea an egg could be picked up by the opposite tube. After reading your post and a little research, turns out it's true! I learn something new here almost every day. It's so sad, crappy, and ironic that some of the women who understand reproduction better than most can't be fortunate enough to actually conceive without help, and other morons out there can't seem to NOT get pregnant. Anyway, thanks again for a learning moment for me!
    2.5 years TTC with MFI, 3 failed IUIs 
    IVF w/ICSI October 2014: 17R, 13M, 12F 4 Frosties
    ET of two blasts 11/2/14 BFP!!! It's TWINS! EDD 7/21/15

imageimage
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @chicory it is ironic isn't it? I feel like I could school some OB/gyns out there!

Took a LONG Break
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"