March 2014 Moms

Babies Ruin Bodies - blog post

Re: Babies Ruin Bodies - blog post

• Great blog post.
  • Oh now you've done it. The water is leaking from the eyeballs

Lilypie First Birthday tickers   
  • Loading the player...
  • Aww this was sweet! Thank you for sharing!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Awesome! Thanks for sharing!
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• Reading the title made me mad, then I read the content and thought the wording was great.  I get defensive when my friends say things like " geez Lil, you're having another kid? you will ruin your body"  I love the little poem at the end.
  • Le sob.
    BFP#1 11/10* DS Born via Cesarean 7/11* BFP#2 EDD 1/31/14 *M/C 6/13* BFP #3 RCS 3/14/14
    Brothers!
    "I wish that I could bake a cake, made out of rainbows and smiles. And we would all eat it and be happy." 
  • Lilly&Co said:
    Reading the title made me mad, then I read the content and thought the wording was great.  I get defensive when my friends say things like " geez Lil, you're having another kid? you will ruin your body"  I love the little poem at the end.
    What you said! I was ready to drop some F bombs. Instead, I almost cried at the public information desk at work. :P

Can I also just say this is quite articulate and eloquently worded? I'm 24 now, but it seems like I rarely meet people with that sort of writing clarity...and she is/was 21 at the time of that posting. I'm just so happy when people can spell and write coherent sentences!! :x
    I was mad too because this baby almost did not happen due to a very bad accident I was in.  This was written with such love and grace. I appreciate that.
    I concur with that about the writing. I was 24 when I had my first, that was 7 years ago and 3 girls and this pregnancy later. It is nice to read passages that are not filled with text messaging subtext. 
  • Great post! I posted the other day about a Self magazine article that was the polar opposite of this and was honestly offensive. When I write my nasty-gram to the magazine I may reference this blog post as a more appropriate depiction of a woman's body image during/after pregnancy. Thank you for sharing!
  • Sob. This is so beautifully written!

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • beautiful, thank you for posting!
  • Absolutely beautiful - even not having a great body to start with, I feel wonderful seeing perspectives like this!
    September '15 Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance!   

BFP 11/18/14 ~ EDD 7/26/15 ~ MC 11/27/14

image            image

• Yeah, I was totally ready to bitch about this post. I'm glad I read it first, THAT would have been embarrassing! I totally cried; sitting here in my chair with my heating pad on my sciatic nerve it's nice to be reminded that I'm growing my baby girl! All of this will be worth it in the end!
  • *sniffle*

I wish I was that eloquent when I was 21. Damn.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Excellently written!
    Cue more tears
  • Made me cry.... beautiful. Can't wait to meet my little girl. :')
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Love it... Makes me even more anxious to meet my son!
  • Lovely. Thanks for sharing.
  • Wow!!! That is awesome! I am totally crying right now. How amazing.
  • Love this!!!!!!

Julius Justin - 11/07/2002 - 10 lbs 22 in 
    Isabella Genavieve - 02/03/05 - 7 lbs 11 oz 22 in 
    Arianna Kaitlynn - 04/10/2013 - 4 lbs 15 oz 15 in

BFP 08/10/13 
    TWINS!!!! 09/01/13
    Miscarriage at 12 weeks lost baby B 
    Arianna diagnosed with an Ompalocele at 13 weeks
    Arianna our Angel on 04/10/13 
    BFP 07/20/13
    Our Rainbow due 03/18/14 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimage
  • Awwwww! So well written, thanks for sharing!
  • That was really good.  I totally cried.
    Married 4-26-2011  Me 31 DH 28  
    TTC since 12/2011  
    5/4/13-IUI #1=BFN,  6/3/13-IUI #2=BFN, 7/1/2013-IUI #3=BFP!!!
    Little Man arrived 3/28/14 at 10:32pm
    9 lb 1 oz & 21 3/4 inches

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"