August 2012 Moms

If you're wondering how long a toddler can live on cheese and fruit only....

the answer is at least a month. I am not exaggerating when I say that is all she's eaten for the last month. A couple times a week she may allow a few oz of yogurt or milk, or an occasional scrambled egg to pass her lips. It is very frustrating.

Re: If you're wondering how long a toddler can live on cheese and fruit only....

• I feel for you! So frustrating! :-0
    My DS is allll about fruit right now. No veggies, no meat, no eggs, not even cheese. UGH! 
    Milk is still a go! So, we are fruit & milk. lol
  • Caroline won't eat a veggie unless it's mixed in a purée. I hate to admit I'm still giving her puréed foods but if she doesn't get that then it's no veggie! She currently lives off of bread--Nutella sandwiches, grilled cheese, bagels, toast. That's it! An occasional fruit may make it to her belly.

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah, my DD isn't quite as picky as yours, but we also have issues getting vegetables into her.  I have resorted to things like making zucchini bread to try to sneak them in :)
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • We're not quite that bad, but he almost exclusively gets his veggies in a pouch, in his eggs, or in a quesadilla.

They swear he eats great at DC but I still don't believe he eats veggies.
  • Sometimes I swear it is just me. Some days, rare but some, DD will eat everything I attempt to feed her. Other days, almost every, we are trying to feed her yummy healthy food! 

She usually loves eggs for breakfast- lately she won't touch them.  She's into apple Teddy Grahams & bananas. That's it. Oh & sweet potato chunks. 

I also do green smoothies with spinach & kale or do other purées in her scrambled eggs. But since she's in this weird eating stage I can't get anything healthy in her! So frustrating. :( sounds like we all know what it feels like. 
  • I also hate to admit I've resorted to feeding the purees again. Sometimes he won't even eat those! Forget trying to feed him actual vegetables in their natural state. lol
    I finally got him to actually eat a little bit of a hard boiled egg tonight…after just poking it around for like 10 minutes he finally started to nibble on it a little. 

This is so annoying!!!
  • Yep. My kid ate a banana and an applesauce packet for dinner. Wouldn't even touch the gerber ravioli that she usually inhales. No milk either.

Forget about ingesting a veggie. No way, no how.
  • cedenton said:
    We're not quite that bad, but he almost exclusively gets his veggies in a pouch, in his eggs, or in a quesadilla. They swear he eats great at DC but I still don't believe he eats veggies.

Our DC provider says the same thing - it must be peer pressure.
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • I have always struggled with my oldest to eat meat. He will eat chicken leg quarters or rotisserie chicken but that's it. No pork, lamb, eggs, or turkey. He loves his fruit and vegetables tho and bread. He has mspi so he doesn't get any diary products such as cheese or cows milk but he does drink goats milk and has coconut milk yogurt sometimes. It gets frustrating that he won't eat the same thing we're eating. We had lamb last night that was delicious and he wouldn't touch it. Same with salmon the day before and pork chops. Just chicken. But not even chicken breast tho. It has to be dark meat. I can't wait until he's old enough to tell him that he can't leave the table till he eats what's in front of him
  • I'm so sorry it has been so stressful for you.  I thought DD was bad eating the same damn thing every day because she's so finicky.  I hope it gets easier.  Kids, man.  Kids.
    imagethe-dude-with-a-white-russian
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"